13. Chapter 13

⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈

DAMIEN (age 25)

I observe her from across the bar while she converses with Bree. Earlier when I saw the way Lee ogled her perfect piece of ass, not only him but every man in this party, it didn't matter whether married or not. My vision turned red. I felt an intense desire to rip their eyes out and feed them to my dogs.

The urge to possess her, to show she's my fucking wife in front of these lustful men, grew exponentially. I am perplexed by the emotions that arise within me due to her presence. I don't understand why and how I am affected by this little woman when all I wanted with women around me was space... Fucking 10 feet distance. But when it comes to her, something about this woman- her gentle coconut aroma, sensual curves, fiery gaze- pulls me in irresistibly. My whole existence screams to be close to her, to shield and guard her.

They backed off as soon as I claimed what was mine in front of everyone. As they should, or they'll meet their demise soon enough. I have not encountered Lee since that kiss.

Through the decade I spent trapped in the abyss of my life, the black hole that consumes me, I have learned to control my anger and expressions. She incites my inner demons... she desires for them to engage with hers. Like a moth drawn to the flame, I'm drawn to the amber of her eyes as she ogles me from across the room with the obvious devil in her eyes.

Fuck me, she is the most non-feared woman I've come across all my life. Even when I was a teenager, women would stray away from the path I used to walk because of the crazy demeanor I had back then... But this woman, she faces me heads on, her crazy eyes match mine and I know, I just fucking know she's going to go to lengths to win this bet.

My head whirls back to the kiss we shared...

The gesture of the kiss was intended to be brief, a way to assert my ownership and indicate that she was already married and unavailable. However, when she whimpered softly with the little noises she made, I lost control. I couldn't contain myself.

This was not the first time I acted impulsively, so recklessly, without considering the consequences. But wasn't it worth it?

Her full lips yearn for the nibble of my teeth, the pleading expression she gives when she's afraid of what's to come, and how her entire body shudders when I draw her closer to me.

Fuck, she's a distraction. One I can't afford to have at this moment. Not when I see Lee with Valova, cooking something against me.

Astor's voice interrupts my daze, and he remarks, "Seems like Bree is a woman..." the fuck is wrong with this man. My frown seems to amuse him, as his mouth nearly curls into a grin, which is rare for someone who typically shows little emotion. His indifferent character seems to be in a mood tonight.

"WHAT?" I bark as he shifts in his seat, adjusting his trousers a little to get in a comfortable position. "You can't separate two women gossiping and they-" he gestures towards where I was previously gazing, "are surely into it. Just look at Bree, she's laughing. She doesn't do that- not even with us."