1. Chapter 1

⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈

IARA- (age 18)

I walk out of the classroom only to be alerted by a text from my father dearest to be home early today. This only happens when he needs me to be his innocent daughter. 

My face gives it all, I guess...

"Hey, you Iara right... Would you do this project with me?" The only time people talk to me is when they need my work, need my help, or need my brain for their work. I am completely done with this life. Just one more week of this torture and I'll be done with this college shit.

My father would never let me work, he would not even let me study anymore. So I will just have to wait for a husband and be his little wife, bear with his mood swings, warm his bed, make his food, birth his children, and be his slave all my life. Like Mama has. And she died a pitiful death.

I don't see myself there, I want to sketch, I want to explore myself, what I need. I want to fall in love. I'm afraid that life is not meant for me though. The only thing I love about my house is my brother and the marriage decision. At least he won't push me into a marriage without my consent and I won't give it to him yet.

"Sure... I'll just do the whole work, I'll send it to you once done and you can copy it." This is much easier to deal with. These stupid funks don't even know what they are reading, and jeopardizing my scores for them doesn't fit me right. The smile on his face shows exactly the reason he approached me. I don't even know what his name is.

"Just put your number here, and send me your name with a 'hey," I say handing him my cell, his expression changes as soon as he starts to put in his number. "You don't know me?" He asks as if he is offended by my statement. "Should I?"

I shake my head making him gasp, "You really are nerdy." I don't mind the nickname at all, it's the way he scrunches his face that makes me pissed. "Just because I don't know a douche like you?" I didn't mean to be rude but as soon as I read the texts Dad sent me about being early and dressing up, I knew something was up. And that just ruined my mood.

I planned on sketching the sunset by the river today. It's not always sunny where we live. The city of Vallengrim is never quiet, but there are a few days when the sunsets are so beautiful that the Tyndall creates a magical hue. And I want to capture the magic in my sketchbook.

But my irritating household would never let me do it. My step-mom even tore apart my previous sketchbook just because I didn't entertain her friends.

"Excuse me?" He questions again, his tone pissed and I could care less.
"Excused..." I say getting my cell back and retreating myself from the corridor to the exit where a familiar black sedan waits for me. 

I sigh making my way to the car, it upsets me to live a life that I loathe. Well, at least I found something to make my day a little entertaining. I saunter to the black sedan which was surrounded by three men in total. One driver and the other two were probably my henchmen.