6. Oo-an

"P' Nai, that's so funny!" One of the guys in the group was just about to pat Nai on his shoulder when a person interjected between them.

The person was none other than the day's groom, Zo.

Nai was surprised as he felt Zo's hand creeping around his waist. He stared at Zo in surprise.

"Darling, are these your friends?" Zo had the sweetest smile on his face. "Why don't you introduce everyone to me?"

He was trying his best not to show the irritation he was feeling a second ago when he was watching Nai chatting and laughing with the bunch of strangers. He didn't even know why it was irking him so much that Nai was being all friendly with others and not him. He shouldn't be feeling this way as he had only met Nai a while ago.

Nai felt goosebumps all over his body as he heard Zo address him as 'Darling'. it just sounded too natural, coming from a stranger. He could only fake a smile to hide the surprise. "They are all my juniors from university."

He introduced them to Zo, despite the latter looking very uninterested.

The newlyweds interacted with them for a few more minutes before Zo dragged his husband away saying that they had to greet other guests as well.

"I will introduce you to my friends," Zo said happily once he had separated Nai from his acquaintances.

"You don't have to. I know every single person in this hall."  Nai and all of his colleagues had byhearted the names and details of all the guests as every single one of them was extinguished guests and they couldn't afford to have any mishap in the event.

Before Zo could answer that, a bunch of people crowded around them, congratulating them and making toast to them.

About the time the reception was done, Zo was wasted. He had drunk too much as there were so many people toasting to them.

Nai was used to handling such events. He only took small sips every time someone toasted. He had a good alcohol tolerance as well. 

Zo was hugging Nai from behind as the latter was settling the accounts along with his colleagues.

"We will take care of the rest, Phi" The colleague smiled at him. "I think you should take care of your husband now." 

The colleagues giggled as Nai turned red. He was not used to being hugged for so long. In fact, he wasn't much of a fan of skins ship. All thanks to his best friend who loves to hug him and stick to him like a sticky candy, he had developed tolerance to being hugged over time.  

Or else, Nai would have snapped at Zo for hugging him.

"Thanks" Nai was drowning in embarrassment. He watched them leave.

"Oo-an" A drunk Zo poked his husband's chubby cheeks with his fingers. He really liked those cheeks.

Nai shot a deadly glare at the Koala on him. He hated being called fat. He used to bullied in the past for being chubby cheeked. He had put on a lot of effort to shed his baby fat and become fit.

Yet, again, on the day of his wedding, he was being called fat by his own husband.

The others including the Boonruangs and the Wongsrisais were watching the scene. They were the only ones who were yet to leave the venue.

Sensing, the switch in Nai's mood, the Wongsrisai brothers tried to salvage the situation.

"N' Nai, Zo is really drunk. You should take him back home." Saifah suggested, not wanting his friend to be scolded by his husband on the wedding day itself.

"Oo-an! Oo-an! Oo-an!" Zo was grinning like an idiot as he continued to poke Nai on his cheeks.

Nai gritted his teeth. If not for so many people watching them, he would have pushed Zo away ruthlessly. He was already pissed that Zo had almost ruined the whole function and let Moo escape. Now, with Zo continuously insulting him, he was furious.

"He means no harm, Nong." Sailom could see the anger raising on Nai's face.

"Yes, he must be a bit fascinated. Your cheeks do look chubby." The moment the words left his mouth, Sailub understood that he had misspoke. He bit his tongue in regret.

"And you do look like a mobile tower." Nai retorted. 

Sailub pressed his lips together. He had successfully managed to leave a bad impression on Nai. He wanted to slap himself.

His two brothers however was smirking at Nai's words. Those worlds were a perfect analogy.

Sailub was the tallest among them, with a towering height of one ninety centimeters. Even Saifah only had a height of one eighty-six centimeters. Sailub had outgrown both his brothers when it comes to height.

This was a sore spot for Sailom, who was only one seventy-four centimeters tall. It would be a lie if he claimed that there weren't instants where he felt insecure of his height compared to his tall brothers.

"Enough with the chatter." Yak walked over to the group along with Saifar, Sainam's husband.

Nai greeted both of them.

"N' Nai, you two must be tired. You two should go home and rest." Gina said smilingly as she joined her husband. "Zo's apartment is very close by. The driver will take you two there."

Zo had been in charge of the hotel for a while now. He had brought an apartment nearby after taking on the responsibilities of the hotel.

"Khrab." Nai put on his professional smile. "But before we leave, I just want to remind you that I would be waiting for the explanation for what happened earlier this morning." His gaze swept to the three Wongsrisai brothers. "I hope that things won't be swept beneath the carpet just like that."

"Of course, Nong. We will surely uncover the truth." Sainam said while shoot daggers at her sons with her eyes.

"That's great to hear, Khun Sainam. After all, I wouldn't want to hear an news of my co-workers being thrown under the bus for something these four deities did."

Gina really wanted to spank her son right at the moment. She really liked this son-in-law of hers. But unfortunately, her son's actions had shone them in a bad light. "Don't worry about that, Nai. I will make sure that these four learn their lessons." 

The smile on Gina's face made the people around her stutter in fear.

"That's great to hear, Khun Gina. I can feel rest assured now." Nai didn't drop the formalities even when Gina did. He had no intention of being chummy with the family until they earn his respect.

His affinity towards his in-laws was in the negative. "Th~ Argh!!!" He was just about to speak when Zo bit his cheeks. "Why the heck did you bite me? Are you a dog?" He asked covering his cheeks that now had a bite mark on them.

Saifah was quick to catch Zo, who Nai had pushed away, before falling on his butt.

"He he... yummy Salapao..." Zo slurred, pointing at Nai's cheeks. "Pao..."

Nai was seriously considering if it was okay for him to turn a widower on the very day he got married.

Yak and Gina apologized on Zo's behalf.

Saifah carried Zo a wiggling Zo on his shoulders till the parking lot and dumped him inside the car.

Nai thanked him and mounted the car. The newly wedded couple started their journey to their home.