025: The Elevator

Start from the beginning

She was just going on and on, that's what happens when she gets anxious and tired.

"Jamie."

"Huh?"

"You need to rest."

"I can't-"

"Try, okay?"

She was hesitant but did eventually close her eyes and fall asleep.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

It had been hours since the elevator moved. Dustin was trying to get into radio contact with anyone in the mall, but he was unsuccessful. 

"This is a code red, I repeat, a code red. Does anyone copy? We are innocent children and we are trapped under Starcourt Mall. The Red Army has infiltrated Hawkins, and if we are found, they will torture and kill us." 

I could tell that Jamie was losing her mind and getting a massive headache. Dustin had been doing that for hours and the shaft made his voice echo. 

I popped my head up and said, "Hey. Gotta take it easy on that thing. Gonna drain the battery."

"The mall just opened," Dustin responded.

"So?"

"So someone could be in range."

"What do you think, Petey the Mall Cop is gonna rappel down here and save the day?" 

I then climbed up to the top when he said, "All right, why are you such a cranky pants after getting to spend the night with Jamie."

"SHHHHH! Jesus Christ. It's not like we haven't spent the night together before."

"What?"

"Nothing, I'd prefer to not spend the night with her in a Russian elevator."

"I heard you guys talking."

"Yeah, I was trying to help her calm down. She got really anxious about being trapped in a Russian elevator."

I then unzipped my pants.

"What are you doing?" Dustin asked.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm taking a leak. Look away. Look away!"

JAMIE'S POV:

I was looking at the mechanics of the button to see if there was a way to override the need for the keycard. I then heard Steve peeing; I rolled my eyes in disgust.

"Could you redirect your stream, please?" I asked.

He did move it but it was disturbing. I went to look back at the wires but I heard Erica banging something. I turned around to see she was trying to break open that weird green substance. 

I ran over to her, "Hey, hey! Be careful, careful, careful! We don't even know what that is."

She replied in her snarky tone, "Exactly. It could be useful."

Robin had walked over, "Useful how?"

"We can survive down here a long time without food, but if the human body doesn't get water, it will die," Erica responded.

"Erica, everyone knows that but THIS!" I take the substance from her, "This. Is. Not. Water."

"No, but it's a liquid and if it comes down to me drinking that shit or dying of thirst, I drink."

She then took it back from me when I heard a noise. I ran over to the door and put my ear to it, it sounded like a machine was coming.

I went up to the top, "We've got company."

"Okay, so what's the plan?" Steve asked.

"I think we hide up here so they don't think anyone came in. Then when they leave we rush out. We can use the weird jar of stuff to hold it open as we all leave."

Steve and Dustin both nodded. Steve jumped down to help me rearrange the room so it looked untouched while the other girls went up. Then Steve and I rejoined them up top and shut the door. 

The guards opened the door and took their sweet time grabbing the boxes they needed. We had waited a few seconds for them to be gone before Steve jumped down and stopped the door from closing with the chemical. Erica threw her bag down and then she slid under the door. Then Dustin went but I could see the jar was starting to crack. Robin then went and then it was my turn. I was worried that Steve wouldn't make it but he just made it through when the jar broke and the door shut. The green chemical sizzled and started to melt the floor.

I looked at Erica, "You still wanna drink that?"

She was going to say something back but Dustin said, "Holy mother of god."

We all turned around to see the neverending hallway.

Steve spoke up, "Well, hope you guys are in good shape. Looking at you, roast beef."

He was referring to Dustin's shirt and started walking. I put my arm on Dustin's back telling him to go on and I turned around to take one last look at the chemical. I asked myself how did I always get here?

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

A/N:

Hey guys. I won't be able to upload much in these next few days, maybe a chapter. I am super busy because I work 3 days in a row and I made lots of social plans with people. I'll try my best but I am so tired and haven't gotten much sleep. Please don't get upset! Have a great day.