ɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ

HAVING A LITTLE SISTER WAS AN experience for leon, having to wake up to her jumping on him, waking him up by having the dog lick his face, this morning she put lotion on his hand and tickled his face with the feather part of a quill

"Liv!" The boy shouted and heard giggled outside his door before he heard feet running down the hall, leon wiped the lotion off his face with his non-lotion hand.

Leon mumbled incoherently and slipped out of bed, He walked towards the door and opened it, when he did he saw his sister standing innocently in front of him with a towel. "Here you go."

Leon glared at her and snatched the towel away, He wiped his face and was tackled into a hug, "Happy birthday, Leelee." a smile broke out on his face as he hugged his sister. "Tell dad i'll be done in a minute."

Olivia nodded and ran down the stairs, Leon stared at the stairs for a moment before his smile completely dropped, the thing is— leon doesn't like his birthday. He dreaded it every year since his mother died on this exact day.

3 years since she died, his father, taylor still won't tell her how she died, it was always "She was sick." but leon knew his mother. She never showed any signs about being sick, nothing.

And leon noticed his father was being weird all week, fidgeting, pacing around the kitchen when he thinks they're asleep and looks like he was going to talk to leon about something but changes his mind. Leon was a smart kid, he knew something was up with his father.

Leon walked into the bathroom and turned on the faucet, he grabbed his toothbrush and the toothpaste before brushing his teeth, He then bent down and washed his face before turning off the water and looking in the mirror.

He sighed before grabbing a towel and drying his face, Leon walked out the bathroom and walked to the stairs before stopping and looking at a picture hanging on the wall, It was his mother, his father, him and olivia all smiling at the camera as they were surrounded by a big tent.

he lifted his hand up and touched his mother's face, "I miss you." He muttered, "Lee, hurry up!" Olivia shouted from the kitchen and leon dropped his hand and with one last glance he walked down the stairs.