09:00 pm

I finally escape that guy's grip, and I feel a slight static noise in my ear as soon as the rounds start. I find myself gripping on the couch beneath me as unease creeps in. The music is remarkably quiet now, and between people dancing we can hear conversations, clings of glasses and loud people like this guy just screaming. And I thought VIP was fancy.

This place is a pandemonium. Aside from the way too few vents that barely freshen up the air in here, I have seen three normal people, in rest all of them are either extremely wasted or way too energized. I almost believe the regular side is way more civilized than this one.

"Let me start," the guy says, and he already eyes a girl, but decides to still look around to mask his decision. He will ask the girl with red hair in three, two, " let's go with you" and he points to the girl right next to the flier girl, her hair a deep shade of red. Bingo. "I dare you to.." she looks at him frowning, and stops him with a hand.

"Weren't you supposed to ask me to choose between truth or dare?" Instead of saying he's wrong he just smiles drunkenly, flying a dismissive hand.

"But where's the fun in that Carol?" and everyone screams, and she just laughs it off, signaling him to continue "I dare you to take a shot from the mouth of the hottest person in this circle" she then icks, looking around the circle."You are gross, that's gross, oh god"

I look at the guy near me, and his eyes are shining. From the way he's eyeing her with a hint of hope I can clearly understand why he chose her in the first place "But fine, Sara come here" she gets up, and a tiny girl widens her eyes. His eyes lose the hope they had, and he just smiles at the girls kissing. Maybe she doesn't dig the smell from his armpits. Poor guy.

"Okay now my turn," she says " you, new girl, truth or dare" My heart stops beating for a hot minute, but I see no one looking in my direction. She isn't talking to me, but to Cami, who's currently talking with a small group of people from her side. She turns smiling widely, and she looks at the girl.

I feel something moving next to me, and I see Owen coming closer to me, whispering in my ear "Scared?". I look at him and raise my glass to my mouth, giving him the cold shoulder. I feel something inside that wants to talk to him, but another just refuses to say anything at all. I get uncomfortable with guys too easily. I turn to him again and lean towards him "Since I came here I have never been at ease once" he grins, and I can see for the first time he has dimples.

"Truth" everyone scoffs, and she just raises her shoulders. I look over and give her a reassuring smile. I know they'll make it bad.

"What's the worst thing you can think about your friend" she seems to think about it for a while, and I no longer feel relieved that they didn't pick me anymore.

"Maybe the fact that she never gets like," she gesticulates too much "attention from guys? I can't think of anything else, but she never got a guy ever in her life" I look at her smile at me, but I can't help but feel a small grip on my chest. I take the drink to my lips again, and I just avoid making eye contact with anyone but the floor. I don't know what hit her to say things to others that normal people don't have to know.

I look to my right, but fortunately he's not paying attention to the situation, looking at something on his phone. I feel somehow better, but I shrug off the feeling.

The next rounds are nothing interesting. I just know that I can't wait to get out of here, since I found no one to tolerate. Maybe It's because I hate clubs, but everyone pisses me off. I feel him touch my shoulder, feeling his breath to my neck "I can't stand anyone here"

Thank god. I smile at him "I thought I was the only one" I laugh, and he brushes his forehead calmly, shaking his head.

"I'm here just because they're friends with the bassist and the drummer, I kinda have to be here with them" very understandable. I nod, and I see his eyes wander around. He starts talking to someone, and I just look down at my phone.

As soon as I relax I hear someone calling for me. I feel a chill running on my back.

"Now you prude, truth or..actually fuck that, I dare you to take a shot I will buy myself, If you went to bed with anyone ever" I stare at him as if he has 'stupid' written on his forehead. I do nothing, apart from ironically smiling at him and zipping my lips with my fingers. Everyone laughs, and some even scream 'no way'. I look at Cami, and she seems to not see my eyes well in the light. I never thought I would see the day I feel ashamed of never having found a guy I actually like. "Your turn now to ask"

I look around, and stop right next to me "Since It's the only name I know here, Owen, truth or dare" I see he's been looking at me already, and his eyes are not malicious. He is scanning my face, and as he answers, he smiles.

"Truth" I hear another wave of boo's, but at this point I am just trying to survive the night. I start sounding like the song 'Here' by Alessia Cara. I try to come up with a basic question, and all I could think of is

"When was the last time you felt betrayed?"

I see his smile falter, and he looks towards an undefined direction for a solid 10 seconds period of time. He then says "12 hours, give or take" I hear the same people that giggled at my question gasp, but he asks another girl in the circle before anyone would start questioning anything. The round passes, and I shift towards him

"I didn't want to make it awkward, I'm so-" he giggles at something the girl right under us said, and now I'm the one feeling awkward. I retreat, looking at a blank space for god knows how long. But It is enough that the round started over. I look towards Cami, and I see her on someone's lap. I think he is the drummer, but I'm not sure anymore. She caresses his face thoughtlessly, without thinking twice at what to do. He leans to her touch and I hear a crack next to me. I was squeezing the cup.

I throw the cup in the trash nearby, and as soon as I leave my spot, I see a girl right on it, talking to Owen with the sweetest smile I've seen tonight. I try to turn around to the bathroom so that I can breathe from all the situations, but I hear someone scream over the music, and I suddenly feel like staying.

"Owen, dare or dare?" Ellen looks at him, and his eyes shift on her. I don't know what was in his eyes, but they darkened as soon as he laid them on her. She looks nonchalant, her air uncaring, something so calm It suggests that they are familiar to each other. She is his opposite: black roughly cut hair, short, soft blue eyes, soft pale skin. He is tall, his ashy blonde hair tied in a tidy bun, harsh eyes, blistered hands. And somehow, with these traits, she is the one I feel more intimidated of.

"Hard question" he smirks looking directly in her eyes. The tables turn, her position shifts from relaxed to strict. I look at him, and I find myself resting my head on my hand. Just as she starts thinking for a dare to give to him, he turns towards me, finding me staring. I feel a shiver down my skin, my eyes dry out, but I never break eye contact. I didn't even notice I was holding my breath until now. His eyes leave mine, but never leave me. He is serious, his gaze hard on me, as he analyzes me. He stops on one thing, and that is-

"Okay, then I dare you to choose one person from this circle to be locked up in a room with for the next hour" he looks back at her, and then shifts his eyes towards the people in the circle. He scans everyone, but my heartbeat starts pumping harder and harder as I feel a sudden touch. His hand is creeping in mine, his fingers trailing to find closure, knotting our hands together. He turns, his hand forcefully locking in, and what do I do?

I just follow him towards a dark room.

Because crime documentaries have taught me nothing at all.