Chapter 5: The Council

Start from the beginning

She touched the wall. It was her.

Releasing.

The doors slid open, revealing her room again. "Pavel!" He sat on her bed. "What happened to my clothes?"

"They've been transformed." He tilted his head. "Do you not have transformers on earth?"

"Um, no." Not that kind anyways. She glanced down at her suit. "We don't." Stretching, the light fabric clung to her with surprising support and breathability. Amazing. "Wait, when I spilled coffee on you, you didn't change shirts."

"I didn't have to." He shrugged his shoulders. "It was a cloak. The coffee never burnt me. It just created the illusion that it did."

Eileen blinked. That is so cool. "Can I have that cloak please?"

"Why?"

"Because it would be amazing to have with code browns."

An eyebrow rose. "Code brown?"

"Oh, you don't want to know." Eileen shuddered. Her gaze flickered around the room. "Where's Ursus?"

"He went ahead."

The door slid open, announcing a new presence.

"The council is ready for you two." Donovan's gaze lingered on her before they flickered to Pavel. "Are you sure you want her to be there?"

Pavel's gray eyes met hers. "She'll be fine, Donovan." Her stomach churned at the intensity of them. "She has to be."

****

A long metal table sat in the middle of the bronze and gold decorated room. In the center was the queen while three women were on her left and four men were on her right. The first one's gray eyes flashed with malice. "I see we have a hybrid lover," he spat.

"Calm yourself, Jarek." The green-eyed woman spoke. Her eyes looked over Eileen with a hint of interest. "Let's not cause the woman to turn tails and run just yet."

"Maybe you should calm yourself, Ramona!" Jarek spat back. "You're the only one who's happy to see a human here, much less a hybrid lover."

"A hybrid lover who is connected to Ursus," Pavel spoke up.

"Pavel's right," the green-eyed man spoke up next. "If something happened to them then it could be another disaster for us." A disaster? Eileen frowned. Weren't they exaggerating just a little? "I say we lock them both up in the dungeon."

"And what will that achieve, Veremund?" Ramon chuckled. "You and Salvia are too cautious for your own good." At her name, the blue-eyed woman turned to Ramona. "And have you forgotten the disaster that was laid to waste at their hands!" She spat the words. "The blood that stained the ground a bright red in revenge?"

"Enough!" Pavel spoke up. His gray eyes flashed to them all before they turned to two more people. "Mariano, Iona, you two haven't made your opinions known." The blue-eyed man regarded her with interest. "I think a human joining the group would also be interesting."

"Of course you would think that." Veremund muttered. "You think riding giant turtles is amazing as well."

"Easy, Veremund," the gray woman spoke up. "Don't throw daggers when you can't dodge them."

"No one is throwing daggers, Iona." Jarek's eyes narrowed on her. "Not everyone has a soft spot for some hybrid blood."

"Arguing is not going to get us anywhere." Ramona sighed. Leaning forward, her green eyes glowed softly. "I for one am curious to see if a hybrid bond is as strong as the books say they are."