Anonymous

October 11th

It's October 11th, my mother's birthday, we'd always celebrate it by going to an arcade where my father triumphantly beat us both in all the games, except the whack a mole, I always got the victory for the game, my mother however never knew how any of the games worked so naturally she always lost.

That was years ago, now we don't celebrate her birthday seeing as she's not with us.

"Emery, you're late-- again." My teacher deadpanned as I walked into the class, I had a look of neutral on my face, I was clasping the straps to my messenger bag, my clothes were wrinkled and not matching, I had a blue cropped flannel on along with some light blue boot cut jeans, but the jeans were pretty loose, I used to be able to fit my clothes but I've lose weight.

My hair was in a high ponytail, some of the strands poked out of the ponytail, my overgrown bangs were framing my face.

"I can tell." I say before making my way over to my seat which was in the back of the classroom near the window.

I sat my stuff down then after a few seconds I laid my head down on my arms.

Suddenly I heard a big thump, it sounded like something hit the board.

Anyways, it was so loud, I couldn't help but jump up, I saw that my teacher had her hand placed on the board, she looked angry, then she pointed at me.

"You come to class just to go to sleep, if you don't want to be here then leave, it's well appreciated." She snarkily said, most of the students looked my way and began to laugh.

I grab my bag and put it around my body, I gently pushed my chair in before walking out of the classroom without a sound.

"You're just going to walk out? Get back here!" She shouts, I pinch my lips together before turning my heel towards her, I was basically already out the door.

"Miss, you just said-" I was going to explain, but she cut me off.

"I need someone to escort Ms. Wilson to detention, I don't trust she'll go there on her own." She explained, as she began to write a note.

No one volunteered which relieved me and I began to walk away.

"Hold it, Wilson... Mr. Montgomery, would you be a dear and escort her down? I know you're a straight A student who has no bad records so I can only assume you'd quickly take her to detention and come right back." The teacher said, whipping her head towards a certain student.

'Thats right...! The only student with the last name Montgomery is... The captain of the football team, Dylan.'

He had his feet up on his desk, he was leaning back while chewing on what seems like a piece of gum.

"I don't really want to, but since it'd be seen as rude to deny your request I guess I'll do it." He said with a passive aggressive smile before he planted his chair down to stop himself from leaning and got up, his hands in his jean pockets.

'He talks too much, no one asked him all that.'

The teacher handed him a note before he walked out of the classroom, brushing past me, I hesitantly followed him.