Arcade

October 12th

My phone alarm went off, I stretched and raised from my sleep.

I check my phone to see if I had any notifications, most were from Pinterest, I didn't bother to check it.

'I have to be there around 11:30, better start getting ready.'

I immediately head for my closet to pick out an outfit, I decided to go with a long dark blue jean skirt and a simple fitted yellow shirt with red outlines.

I place my outfit on the bed accordingly and head for the bathroom where I took my hot shower and brushed my teeth.

I put the outfit on, it didn't really look how it did in my head, so I switched the skirt out for simple jeans which flared at the bottom.

I grab my phone before heading out, sticking 40 dollars in my pocket.

I had to scan the house for more than half of that 40.

"Where are you going without breakfast?" My father asked as I began to zip up my jacket.

I check the time, its in 11:11.

Maybe I have time since the 7/11 isn't far.

I sigh before walking towards the table, two sad pieces of toast and some scrambled eggs were on a plate, I sit in front of the plate before I dig in.

"Hope you didn't drug these eggs." I say before taking another bite out of them, glaring at him.

"Can you just leave it all in the past? I'm a changed man, none of it matters anymore if I've apologized. Everyone deserves a second chance, like you always said." He boredly said as he scanned the newspaper, I felt my skin boil, my heart drop and war flashbacks at the same time.

"The first time you hit me, you immediately apologized and I had no problem forgiving and forgetting. You promised you wouldn't do it again but guess what? You did it many times after that. I do believe everyone deserves a second chance but you've already used up your chances." I say, my voice cracking a bit though I wasn't crying.

"Third time's a charm, right? Don't act like such an asshole, it was a mistake." He suggested, slamming his newspaper on the table, causing me to flinch, he immediately took notice and relaxed his self, sighing.

"Look, I'm sorry but there's nothing I can d-" He was getting ready to makeup another excuse as to why I should just forgive him, I cut him off.

"I'd like to stay with mom as of today." I say, slamming my fist on the table before quickly walking out of the door seeing as that was a risky move.

I silently shut the door before I began to walk towards my designated spot.

'Hes trying to manipulate me into thinking hes sorry when in reality he'll just do it again.'

I'm a fool for thinking he changed in the slightest, a big one.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry, forgive me. I was just angry." My father said, handing me a ice pack for my face, he's been acting aggressive ever since he and my mother divorced.