Author's Note

Novella Started: February 1st, 2024.
Novella finished: February 23rd, 2024.
Total words: 35,276 words (not counting the Author's note in the end of the chapters)

Okay, my lovelies. I wrote this on a whim with no idea on how this story will pan out. After the disaster from last year's ONC entry "Unapologetic (the novel version now known as "Pavane for a Lost Boy (Or Rather, How to Survive Loss after Rejection," one of my best pieces yet of 2023): I knew that I had to shake things up somehow and try a new approach to writing this story. I told myself that I had to just go with the prompt that I chosen and let my heart (And mind) dictate where to go from the first two chapters that were published on February 1st. So I began drafting chapters 3-30 early on to see how things might turn up. I admit that there's some flaws in the storyline (a couple of plot holes, some underused characters); but I knew that I had to go forward with this story and make sure to place my best foot forward.

And I did, with no reservations or regrets.

Now, the time has come to make this announcement: there will be a novel version of this story right here. That's right, folks. "Life after Death" will become a full-length novel that'll be written over the summer (starting around May just in time for the 2024 Watty Awards Submission) as I take on the challenge of creating a more-complex storyline with details and surprises that lurk around every corner. It'll have some upgrades which include more passion times between Chance and Hezekiah (and maybe a threesome or two featuring Landon McMurray) and a more-detailed storyline featuring the events before and after Hezekiah's murder. And of course I intend to have Cameron more involved with the events after his brother's death and how he'll be affected. But for the most part, this is all about Hezekiah and Chance as they live their lives in the Nexus as they learn more about themselves and each other.

So make sure to stick around and follow me for future announcements because the novel version of "Life after Death" is going to be one heck of a journey that will become one for my personal collection for the "House of Evers" repertoire! You're going to love how it all plays out in this storyline, folks! I guarantee it!

For now, this novella is now finished and there's nothing left to say but thanks. So, thanks! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it! And if you did like what you see, then show this writer some love and...

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!