Chapter Thirty (END)

One Year Later (In Earth Years)...

Since my arrival in the Nexus, I guess you can say that I grew a lot more emotionally and mentally than I had the chance to do so back when I was on Earth. With Chance by my side and more counseling, I learned to live my life in a way I could never imagined beforehand. I was able to love, live, laugh, and dream more often. And with my new friends, I became a more-confident version of myself. I soon helped the seraphs and other Nexus therapists with newcomers who were struggling to find their identity when they weren't allowed in heaven or hell or even a chance for a new life on Earth. There are more and more rejects in the world who weren't given a fair shake in life as society only values the top dogs and the able-bodied-and even-minded. The world today thrives on perfection and conformity, never allowing anyone who was divergent to defy the odds. But as long as there are people who want to help the outcasts and the outcasts who want to defy the odds, the world could become a better place for all mankind.

Anyway, Chance and I aren't the only mated pair together. Turns out that Damon and Alvin suit each other just fine and were surprisngly soulmates for each other. Unfortunately, they didn't know that since they were countries apart back on Earth, but they've managed to finally make it official with each other- although they didn't get the same treatment like Chance and I did, they were formally married by Louis at the gazebo where the prank wedding that lured Rosalia to hell where she belonged took place.

Caroline and Eva were still single, of course. That didn't stop them from being asked for dates by single male members of the Nexus- the ones who were around their ages, that is. From what I know so far, Eva's going steady with an Australian skateboarder named Micah while Caroline's been flirty with a quiet librarian's kid from Germany.

Landon McMurray's still around as the out-and-proud older guy who's been quite a flirt at the Pacifica Vista Resort. Surprisingly enough, Chance and I enjoyed having an occasional threesome from time to time, but we made it clear that Chance and I had the hots for each other. Landon accepted our decision, but still made the offer for a tentative throuple if the time came. But a surprise encounter with a well-endowed British gay bachelor named Francis might have him occupied. Chance and I hoped things would come to fruition.

And now, my family. I still watched the alternative timeline where I never existed and saw my family lived their lives in prosperity (a far cry from their real fates as everyone but Cameron were currently in hell for their sins while Cameron was now a sophomore in high school living a great life with new friends and embracing being a commoner, something my mother loathed with a passion). Chance explained that the alternative timeline was a better view for me to see them happy, but reminded me often that we can be happy in our own world. "Live in the moment," he said. "Our pasts are history while the future is irrelevant as we're now timeless here in the Nexus. Embrace the gift of the present and thrive."

And with him at my side, I was currently living and thriving.

Earth never allowed me to express my true emotions. But the Nexus is a haven for rejects like myself. And now that I found a home there, I can honestly say that I am now happy.

Last name Chamblee. First name Hezekiah. Middle name Oshea (still irrelevant). And my friends, I wish you all a very happy life for my story is now done.

THE END!

GRAND TOTAL of Words: 35,276 words out of 40,000 words!

I did it! And I am SO happy to finish this novel in only one month! I never imagined this story to go this far, even with some plot holes and under-utilized characters. Nonetheless, I wrote the damn thing and I know that this novella is going to be one of my greatest works yet.

But I am planning to revitalize this story into something...more detailed! And that'll be explained in full detail in the author's note, which is coming up next! Stick around!

Dedication: ShaunAllan and MissKatey. Song: "Home" by Phillip Phillips.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!