Chapter 05

Chapter 05

I woke up at 6:00 AM the following day and proceeded to head to Tyler's for a fresh Monday workout. I needed to clear my head. Between everything going on at work, Nick, Vanessa, and now Nathan. I felt like my mind was a whirlwind of thoughts.

I put on my gloves and proceeded straight to the workout room, staring at the punching bag in front of me.

Every punch gave me a bit more of a jolt. I could feel the feelings of everything start to flood out of me as I let out my frustration. It was a great way to cope with my stress, and I felt myself become lost in it all. I didn't want to think about anything else, and I was happy to be back in the zone. I knew I needed to let out all of my emotions, so I figured I would go as hard as I could during my workout.

I thought about Nick. His promotion. He invited me out to celebrate with him. Were others going to be there? Was he asking me out? What should I do? These thoughts quickly filled my head as my hands continued to fly at the punching bag. The bag seemed small, and I felt like my energy could not be contained.

Nathan. A new guy in town that I just so happened to run into. He made me feel all sorts of emotions that I'd never felt before. He also gave me his number. I hadn't called or texted him yet. Should I? These thoughts flew through my head as I continued to hit the punching bag. My body continued to move quicker and faster as if trying to match my thoughts.

The punching bag wasn't enough...

Vanessa. Why? Why did this happen? Why does my past feel like it's creeping back to haunt me? I hadn't been able to stop thinking about you all weekend. I felt like I was still living my past all over again...

Everything that had occurred over the past few days had been a whirlwind, and I couldn't stop the rush of emotions that were washing over me.

I started hitting the punching bag too aggressively and Tyler was taking notice. As I continued to hit it, I felt my energy not be satisfied with the punching bag anymore. My fists hit it with more force, and my breathing was getting heavy as I didn't feel the release I was looking for.

Tyler stepped over to me and tapped me on the shoulder, getting my attention. "Hey, take it easy, Cassie. You're getting a little aggressive with your movements."

I was breathing heavily and had sweat pouring down from my face. I knew I needed to calm myself down. "Uh... sorry, Tyler," I responded, as I lowered my arms. "I just... have a lot on my mind."

I stood there, trying to catch my breath, as Tyler looked at me with sympathetic eyes. "Is everything okay?" He finally asked me, his face filled with concern as he handed me a towel.

"I don't know..." I sighed, accepting the towel from him. He was always so understanding, and I knew I could tell him anything. "It's... just a lot going on."

"Well you know I'm always here to chat not just offering a bag to punch around." He smiled as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

I felt myself relax a bit, as I knew Tyler would listen to me. It wasn't just about the punching bag. "You've always been so sweet to me." I smiled. "Why don't you come out with us one night? Maybe catch a game with us?"

"I would like that. Just let me know when and where." Tyler winked as he walked towards the equipment to set up for his first class.

I felt myself smiling back at him. I could tell that he was also excited about the plans, but I could tell that he was also trying to be cool and not make it a big deal.

I continued to focus on my exercise, hoping that it would help me clear my head and focus on something other than everything that had been going on. I always felt better after a good morning workout, and today was no different. As I was wrapping up my boxing routine, I realized that I felt a little better. Maybe it was just because I had released a lot of energy, or maybe it was because I had such a good group of friends who would be there for me through everything. Perhaps it was a combination of the two.