•Prolouge•

Beeping sounds crammed my ears as I entered the ICU ward. The odour of medicines and floor cleaner was weirdly calming. I fixed my white coat as I stepped further.

'Good morning Dr. Jimin'

Lucy, the head nurse greeted me. I nodded beaming as I walked past her towards bed No. 1, I peeked into the list in my hands to gather some information about the patient on the bed.

'Mrs. Kim Jieun' I called the patient's name out loud, and the girl in her mid-20s sitting by the bed stood up, bowing.

'Good morning doctor' she greeted.

'Good morning, I'm Dr Park Jimin. I will be checking after the patient every morning.' I smiled and she repeated the action.

'thank you, Dr Park.' she bowed once again. I chuckled and checked the patient's ECG, the saline connected to her wrist and her heartbeat. I wrote down every detail in the manual.

'Is she your mom?' I questioned the girl while gently injecting medicine into the old lady's hand.

'yes, she is'

'oh I see, you look just like her' She blushed at my compliment as I smiled.

'thanks'

'what's your name?'

'I'm Kim Eunji'

She looked all drained up, her beautiful face was pale and little painted with dark circles around her almond eyes.

'nice to meet you eunji. Don't worry your mom will be fine soon. '

She smiled and nodded.

'see you around'

'sure DrPark'

I headed toward another patient and began with the checking, but halted when Eunji whispered.

'mom! You need to wake up soon. I can't live without you.' she sobbed.

I sneaky peeked at her to catch a glimpse of her crying, suddenly my neck twitched an evil smirk formed on my lips, and my hands quivered with excitement, blood rushed through my system as I controlled myself on taking action right now. My eyes darkened and I walked out of the ICU.

Walking into my office, I switched on my PC and searched for patient Kim Jieun. Her entire medical profile flashed in front of my eyes as my smirk grew wide.

'bp patient I see, chances of survival 80℅'

I laughed out loud, she's all I need. I got up from the chair, regained my angel-like smile and stepped out of my cabin. I can't wait till the dawn, but the wait will be worth it 'Dr. Park jimin.'

***

As soon as the clock ticked 10:30 pm, I pulled the black mask on, hiding the scowl on my face, I freed my long hair from the man bun, partially covering my complexion as I strolled out of my cabin, the corridors were silent and dark. I passed into the security room, and there he was. The guard facing the security tv doing his job perfectly, I tiptoed in his direction making sure not to make any bluster. I stabbed the guard's neck with the syringe and injected the drug into his skin while he struggled. I pulled the needle out and he stumbled off the chair landing on the cold floor unconscious. I brushed my hair off my face with my fingers and scoffed

'And he calls himself security guard'

I rolled my eyes and began doing my job, I switched off all the cameras on the floor, pulled the unconscious guard up, placing him back on the chair. Recreating the scene as he fell asleep.