Panic Attack

"You guys are hopeless,"

The two quickly turned their heads to the left from where the voices had come from. They stood up when they realised it was from Brunei.

-Singa POV-

I immediately removed my ears and tail like I did so many times before. I was about to threaten him not to tell anyone about our animal features when I glanced at Malay.

Out of his shock, he wasn't able to control his emotions and hide his ears and tail, which resulted in frustration making tears come to his eyes. Signs of an oncoming panic attack.

Allowing my instinct to protect Malay, I hastily turned to a protective stance blocking Brunei's view of Malay, which was easy since i was already between them. If I was lucky enough, maybe he didn't notice the ears and tail.

He looked confused at my reaction. Knowing I had to settle with Malay before dealing with Brunei, I turned to face Malay, still effectively blocking Brunei's view.

Mal's tears were still flowing from the shock and nervousness of almost getting caught by someone else.

["Okay, so this isn't part of the story right now, but I'm listening to Stolas by Jamie Duffy, and I really recommend it while reading the next part.]

I carefully wrapped my arms around him and started rubbing his back, hoping not to overwhelm him as I felt him trembling and shaking.

"Hey, hey, it's fine. You're fine. Okay? I'm with you, I'm here for you. Just breathe, Mal,"

We stayed like that for a while longer, which made Malay calm down enough for him to remove the ears and tail. I stayed a bit longer until I thought Malay was okay to be left alone before i turned my attention to Brunei.

"I need to do something else, darling. Is that okay? I'll be back by your side again," Malay gave a small nod, and I turned around.

While calming Malay down, I  accidentally switched his name to darling instead. But at that point, my main focus was now Brunei.

Despite my respect for the country, I am still going to defend the person I like.

I turned to him and used my powers, letting my ears and tail show. I easily managed to pounce on Brunei and held a claw to his neck, pinning him to the ground.

[This is just for plot purposes! I'm not trying to initiate a war with Brunei or anything! I genuinely love your country. Please dont kill me...]

I did so while taking great care not to show what I was doing to Malay.

"Hey! Singa! Get off me!" Brunei struggled, but eventually stopped resisting knowing how futile it was.

"Don't you dare tell anyone what you saw here. Whether it was the animal features or Mal, got it?" I pressed, my eyes turning a more vivid blue.

He nodded vigorously. Knowing how Brunei always keeps his promises, I retracted my claw and let him go.

I got up and hurriedly returned to Malay's side. I gave a quick examination of his condition and thought he was doing okay.