Sink Or Swim

Sawyer;
After breakfast, we quickly got ready for school and piled into Asher and Kason's cars. Since our kiss this morning he was noticeably nicer towards me, he grabbed my hand to make sure I rode with him and Kason.

It took no time to get to school. When we pulled in my anxiety shot up and I felt sick to my stomach. After the car was shut off Kason turned to me " I know today is going to be hard with everything that's happened, and everything that's changed between you and us. We won't let you out of our sight, okay?" He reached over and squeezed my hand in reassurance and I nodded.

Logan jumped out of the car and quickly opened my door for me. I hid my smile at his antics and climbed out of the car, backpack in hand. , We walked across the parking lot, stepping up onto the sidewalk as the other boys joined us. I froze from a moment looking up at the school; thinking about everything that could happen today.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a hand slip into mine. I turned my head to see Kason standing beside me giving me a reassuring smile. I swallowed my fear and we followed Jayden and Asher through the doors. Their broad shoulders created a box around me, so no one seemed to notice me. Once we reached my locker the boys fanned out around me, finally giving everyone a clear view of who was escorted in by The Dark Angels. I kept my head down, focusing on my locker in front of me; even though I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

"Hey baby! What are you doing over here?" Ariel's shrill voice hit my ears and I groaned internally.

Here we go....
"We were just escorting Miss Sawyer to her locker." Logan told her proudly. I turned and offered a weak smile.
"It's okay, I think I can get around just fine on my own." Shooting Logans a pointed look, but h raised a brow at me like I was crazy and he had no intention leaving me to fend for myself.

Ariel laughed "This is a joke right? I mean... why would you be helping oinkers?"
I turned and closed my locker, ignoring her comment.
"Shut it Ariel." A deep voice said; I turned to see Jayden stepping in front of me. "She is under our protection now. I we happily demonstrate what that means to anyone, including you."

"You better back off if you know what's good for you." Logan added, stepping closer to me and wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

Ariel's eyes were the size of saucers and her jaw was on the floor.
"Asher, they can't be serious!" She yelled in her whiny voice, it made Logan visibly cringe.
I couldn't hold back the laugh at his reaction which snapped Ariel's attention to me. She stalked towards me and instinctively I tried to take a step back, but Logan held me firmly in place. " Can't you see they are just messing with you little pig? This is just a big joke to them, don't think for a second that anything has changed." She said far too close to my face.

In a second, she was jerked away from me. " I don't condone hitting a girl, but if you don't stop disrespecting Sawyer. Then I will gladly change my mind." Kason said squeezing her arm tight.

He let her go and she turned right to Asher with a pouty lip.
"Baby, do you see how they're treating me? Aren't you going to stick up for me?" She asked in that annoying voice.

Asher moved his attention from me to Ariel. "No, I think they pretty much covered everything. Besides that you might want to call before you come over, we have a new roommate." He added, nodding his head toward me.
As his words finally connect in her mind, she snaps. "She lives with you now?! What the hell Asher!"
He sighed and moved closer to Jayden, boxing me in once again.

"Yes she does. So, I don't wan you coming over unannounced anymore. Got it?" He stopped, clearly losing his patience with her.
"Asher I swear we're over if you're serious about her staying with you. You don't want to ruin our relationship over her do you?"

Logan let go of me and moved to stand in front of Ariel. "Sawyer isn't coming between you and Asher. He is just smart enough to know when something isn't worth his time, like you. Move along Ariel, you are no longer welcome around The Dark Angels."

I could almost see the steam coming out of her ears the way she became so visibly furious.
"This is a huge mistake! You'll be sorry, this isn't over Asher!" She yelled before stomping off down the hall, her clones not far behind.

I leaned back into my locker and groaned. "Why did you guys do that?"
They all looked at me confused by my question.
"You are one of us now and people need to know it." Logan said matter of factly.

I shook my head. "I'm not one of you, far from it. I asked for help with my dad, that's it. This..." I swung my arms out. "School I can handle, I don't need your protection." I grabbed my backpack and walked away, not waiting for them.
"Sawyer! Wait up!" I heard Kason yell behind me, but I didn't care.

He finally caught up to me and gently grabbed my arm to slow me down. "Hey, come on."
"Come on what Kason? You guys just announced to the whole school that I'm basically The Dark Angel's property or something. And none of you think there will be any repercussions for it?" I asked him, the anger in my voice even surprised me.

I didn't want to hear his answer and reasons so I continued walking to my next class. Unfortunately it was also the same class I had with all the boys. I didn't say anything when they sat in all the seats around me, but I did my best to ignore them.

"Sawyer.... Are you mad at us?" Logan asked with a pouty face.
I lifted my head to him and rolled my eyes, but I regret it when I see his fake pout turn into genuine concern. Why did he make it so hard to stay mad at him. I groaned and laid my head on my desk in annoyance.

"Sawyer, people need to know they can't mess with you anymore." Jayden said from the right of me.
I turned my head to look at him, he met my eyes and raised his eyebrow daring me to disagree. These boys were stubborn and bossy, I don't know why I'm surprised. They were offering to help and I was dumb to not set any ground rules with them. So now I was stuck with four bodyguards and everyone's eyes on me.

I looked over to Logan. "I'm fine< it's just something I'll have to get used to I guess. This is just weird compared to how things used to be between us."
Logan nodded in agreement. "Things are different now Sawyer. So get used to it, because we are going to make sure everyone knows you're with us now." He finished.

I shook my head and turned my attention back to studying. It was weird being in the center of these boys and not be a victim to their torment. Now they're my allies and I wasn't sure how I felt about them laying claim on me in front of the whole school. This could be a big mistake, but there is no going back now. Until I get my revenge they are apart of my life, whatever that meant. after that kiss with Logan, I was even more confused by all of this. I was barely staying above water before the boys, hopefully they don't eat me drown. Because, after everything that's happened in my life, one more betrayal would be one too many.