Too Dark To See...

Sawyer; Present Day

The next morning I woke up feeling comfortable warm and well rested. I don't think I've ever slept so good in my life. I slowly cracked open my eyes and my breath hitched as the face in front of me became clearer.... Logan? What was he doing here and why? I didn't move a muscle, because this was the first time I've ever been this close to him and not hear some sexual remark. He looked so relaxed and a small smile crept onto my face. He was handsome and to my surprise, I had the insane idea that I could stay here all day looking at him. Wait... where did that thought come from?

I moved slightly to get some distance and gather my thoughts, but he groaned and pulled me closer to him with his arm around my waist. He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck, my heart was pounding like crazy now. Just then I felt something move behind me. I glanced over my shoulder a little to see Kason sit up and rub his eyes. He let out a small chuckle at the sight of Logan and I.

"Help me." I mouthed, careful not to wake Logan.
"Hold on, I need a picture of this." He quickly grabbed his phone and climbed off the bed.

He snapped a few pictures while I glared daggers at him. Kason laughed again but not loud enough to wake Logan. "Relax, I never thought Logan would be a cuddling type. He actually looks... happy. You wouldn't want to ruin that do you?"

I could tell he was teasing by the tone in his voice and the smirk on his face. But I can't stay like this all day!

"Kason, would you just knock it off and help me." I whispered loudly.

"It's still early so I'll go start some breakfast. Come down when you're ready and bring your pet sloth with you." He said winking at me.

I yelled after him in protest but he continued to walk out and close the door behind him. I sighed in annoyance and rolled my eyes. Still trying not to move so much. Logan's breath was starting to tickle my neck and it took everything in me not to giggle. On top of that it was a little awkward because I've never been this close to a boy this way. My body was so tense against his, a part of me wanted to run from his embrace. Not that it wasn't nice, but I didn't want to give him anything to brag about at school today. I know the boys claim to be different now, but I still didn't fully believe them to not go back to their old ways. I wasn't so naive enough to believe this would be a long-term solution and that this would be anything more than them helping me.

There was also the chance of the whole school turning against me even more if they see me with the boys. I take a deep breath trying to calm my nerves, so I don't psych myself out before heading to school. Logan shifted again brushing his nose against my skin and I swallowed hard. Slowly I moved my hand in between us and pushed gently.

"Logan...." I said with a groan.
"Hmmm?" He murmured in reply.
"You can let me go now."
"I don't want to." He hummed as he pulled me closer and threw his leg over me.

"Logan." I said with a warning, nudging him slightly.
"Who knew I just needed to get you in bed for me to sleep so well." He replied with a devilish grin.

Before I could stop myself I let out a small chuckle. "Oh wow, you really have to make everything sexual don't you."

He laughed. "I can't help it, just part of the charm." I rolled my eyes trying to hide my smile.

A comfortable silence fell between us, neither of us moved.
"All joking aside, I really did sleep better next to you..." Logan shyly admitted.

I was surprised to hear him speak with such a tenderness in his voice and have no teasing look in his eyes. I just knew he was telling the truth and he meant what he said. This moment between us felt so genuine I admitted my own truth.
"I actually slept pretty well too... I usually have nightmares." I didn't want to see his reaction, so I looked towards the opposite side of the room.
Logan reached up and gently grabbed my chin so we were looking into each other's eyes. " I get nightmares too... I guess we found a pretty good solution." He ended the last part with a big smile and a wiggle of his eyebrows.

"Nice try, but you are not climbing into my bed every night sir." I protested, trying to give Logan a stern look.
"No?" He asked with his usual mischievous smirk.

Closing the distance between us while looking down to my lips, then back up at me. Before I could process what he was doing, his lips were on mine. I froze, my eyes wide at the sudden surprise kiss. My heart was pounding in my chest, Logan just deeper the kiss. Slowly, I found myself resisting less and less giving into the urge of wanting to kiss him back.

This kiss was so soft and sweet, on instinct my hands moved up to run my fingers through his dirty blonde hair. Ive never been kissed like this, my first kiss was stolen by one of my father's perverted friend. I would gladly replace this in my memories as my first true kiss.

"Yo! Breast is done!" Kason yelled up the stairs.
That brought us out of our little bubble we were in. We broke the kiss, trying to catch our breaths from our steamy make out session.

"Thanks." Logan whispered to me.
"For what?" I asked confused.
"For giving me the best kiss I've ever had." He snickered.

I couldn't help but chuckle at his antics. "Oh stop, I'm pretty sure you say that to every girl."
" Nope. Never." He shook his head as he leaned in, giving me a peck on the cheek.
He threw the covers back, climbing out of our embrace. Turning back around and holding out his hand, "Come on, let's go get some bacon." With a big smile.

I looked away, the fog from our kiss starting to clear my mind. I felt my face heat up from embarrassment, I just gave him so much ammo to use against me. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone knew by lunch.

"Hey..." he said squatting next to the bed to look me in the eyes. "If you don't want anyone to know it can be ur secret, you don't have to worry."
I searched his eyes far any sign of deception, but he again looked so genuine. So I nodded in agreement, it's not that I was ashamed of our kiss. I just don't want the whole school to know about it.
"Come on Sun..." He stopped himself, guilt took over his facial expression. "I'm sorry it's kind of a habit, I'll just have to come up with something better."

I smiled and took his hand, Logan intertwined our fingers and led us down to the kitchen. Kason was standing by the stove, making eggs and frying up some bacon. He turned, smiling at me as he made up a plate setting it down in front of an empty barstool. I felt my cheeks flush, I quickly took a seat trying not to let him see.

Soon I heard steps running down the stairs, and a gruff looking Asher walked into the kitchen, heading right for the fridge. He took out the carton of milk and drank right from it, shutting the fridge with his foot.
"Dammit Asher. I told you a million times to not drink out of the cartons. Other people live here and we don't know where your mouths been." Kason groaned as he grabbed a cup out of the cabinet and handed it to Asher.

Asher rolled his eyes, once Kason turned around he took another swig from the carton. Jayden walked in at that moment and smacked the back of Asher's head, making him choke. Jayden just smirked and I tried to hold back a laugh as I watch them. I had no idea they were all so... normal.