Chapter 12

Juliana's pov

"Hey! Juliana sweetie how have you been? it's been so long since I saw you", Mrs. Ace( aka mother of my boss) greeted me with her always enthusiastic voice.

"I'm fine Mrs. Ace, how have you been? Why didn't you call me beforehand I would have prepared something for you? "

" Oh noo honey it's fine I just came for a quick talk with my son and you have become more skinny than the last time I saw you, are not eating well, dear? Is Daniel making you work too hard? " she said with a concerning voice.

I smiled she's always been nice to me. I remember our first encounter.

Flashback*

"Yes, this is Juliana Mr. Ace 's assistant. How may I help you? "

" This is his mom. He won't pick up my call can you please tell him I want to come and see him today?Is he free? " , she said

"Hello, Mrs. Ace actually Mr. Ace is having a really tight schedule today. Should I forward this call to Mr. Ace so that you can talk to him? ", I said not knowing what to tell her since today it doesn't look like he can meet up anyone. Even his lunch break is like 30 mins.

" Oh he's busy... don't bother then he'll just get annoyed", she said in a low voice.

I feel bad why can't that asswhole go home and meet his mother. Why does she need to meet her son at his office. What a guy!

" Mrs. Ace how about tomorrow would you like to meet him during his lunch? ", I said checking his schedule for tomorrow.

" Will it be alright he doesn't like when I visit him in his office without any reason", she said

" Well I heard there's a lot of newly designed neckpieces that our company is going to launch for the opening of Ace carats. Let's just say you came to take a look at those whilst visiting him? ", I suggested

She laughed and said " You're far better than Mark, I already like you "
.
.
"Mr.Ace your mother came to say hello", I said bringing her with myself.

He raised his eyebrows.

" What brings you here, mom? ", he asked

" Well our company is going to launch jewelry, I came to check if the designs are up to the standard and I just dropped by to say hello", she said casually.

" And how are you aware of this launch, mom?", he asked looking at me.

I looked away. Hah, the ceiling looks different today.

" I have my source Dan and I'm aware of what and all goes into this company " She says.

" Mrs. Ace you came in such a perfect time it's lunch time already why don't I arrange something for both of you " , I said.

" Well I don't know if my son would like to have lunch with his mother.", she said in a fake sad voice playing along with me.

Mr. Ace sighed.
" Miss. Woods arrange the lunch", he said.

Flashback ended*

Ever since that she's been nice to me well I do snitch on my boss and arrange meets whenever she tells me.

" Mr. Ace have a meeting in an next hour so please hurry and meet him. ", I said.
He's definitely going to kill me. But I couldn't say no to her she said it was really important.
Daniel's pov

" Mom what did I tell you about bothering my assistant ", I said annoyed.

" I wanted to talk to you Dan, you rarely ever come back home now a days"

I signed.
"Tell me what you wanted to say"

"Dana's a little better now, I would like her to stay with you for few days", she said.

" Mom if I'm not at home what's the point of her being at my house? "

"Dan I want you to work from home for few days, you know how much she adores you but she is in guilt that's why she doesn't express that to you, she needs your support honey"

My sister is one of the most precious thing that I have. I always looked out for her, I disapproved her marrying Lucus because I know what he's after and his intentions. I warned her if she marries him she won't hear from me but she got married to that trash anyway.

I massaged my temples.
"Alright I'll pick her up tonight tell her to pack"

"Dan I know you love her the most, she's in a lot of guilt try easing up her a little bit. Knowing she still has her brother's back will put her in a lot of ease"

"She always had me mom"

" I know but use words I know you're not good at expressing Dan. Try using few words "

"I'll try"

"Also, Scarlett is back from London", she said clearly annoyed.

" And what's that gotta do with me? "

"Listen Daniel that little pretending to be nice girl is trying to make you marry her. Already your grandpa and dad discussed about it since you two marrying would be good for the company", she said angrily

" Marry me? What? "

" Dan my daughter has already made a bad decision and is suffering I don't want you to go thru the same. I know your work, your company this business means a lot to you but if you marry that girl Mr. Daniel Ace do not expect me to come to your wedding ", she said in a very serious and threatening tone.

I laughed, " Don't worry mom. No one can force me to marry anyone "

It's actually surprising how much my mother is against Scarlett. She is the daughter of my dad's business friend, I've known her for quiet a while. She's always been nice to my family and been always in good mannered behavior, I'm aware she wants to marry me.
She's an only daughter and it will be good for the business I know but it won't affect much even if I don't marry her.
She charmed herself into everyone my grandpa, my dad, my sister everyone adores her but it's surprising that she wasn't able to charm my mother.
.
.
Juliana's pov

" Juliana sweetie thank you for today", Mrs. Ace said smiling.

" Anytime ", I said

" Jul listen are you aware of any women Dan might be seeing or anyone who he might be messing around", she asked me curiously.

My breathing stopped. I don't know about seeing but messing around making out? Yes and that women would be me ma'am.

" Umm..no no currently I didn't see anyone Mrs. Ace ", I said nervously.

" Well he might be a little too serious about his work but he's a nice man. Wouldn't you say so? ", she asked.

" Umm.. Yes he is", I said clearly not meaning it. Let's be honest here he's clearly a pig. An arrogant pig.

" It would be nice for him to date a girl you know ", she said

" Yes.. " I replied drinking water.

"Someone like you", she said.

" Huh? ", I chocked on my water.

Coughing*

" Not you but someone like you I mean" , she said while patting my back and giving me tissues.

" Mom, what did we talk about bothering Miss. Woods", suddenly Mr. Ace appeared.

" Uff.. I was just saying goodbye to her", she said.

" Bye sweetheart take care" , she smiled at me and left.

I composed myself. Mr. Ace was leaning on the door frame.

" You seem pretty close to my mother it seems", he says walking in front of my table.

" No.. Not really she's just really sweet", I said laughing awkwardly.

"So did you like her idea", he said smirking.

" Huh? ", I didn't understand what did he mean.
Then I realized what he meant. My eyes got wide open.
He gave me a wink and left.