Chapter 6

Daniel's pov

Mobile rings*

"Yes mom"

"Dana (Daniel's sister) had a miscarriage" She said in a crying

My jaw clenched, my throat started hurting( the feel when you want to cry but holding it back).

"Where is she? "

"She is in the hospital Dan"

"I'm coming"

Call cuts*

I know Lucus(Dana's husband) has to do something with it. That bastard if it were not for my sister I would have killed him a long time ago. I feel my head is going to explode. The worst part is I'm not able to do anything about it, Dana is insanely in love with this man. She'll never forgive me if I do something.

Shatter*

I hit the glass in my hand into my table.

Juliana came looked at me shocked.

" What? .. How this happened? "- she asked in a worried tone

"Mr. Woods leave me alone"

"Look your hand is bleeding we need to-"

I cut her off- "I said leave me alone, it has nothing to do with you"

She looked at me in the eye and walked towards me.

"Miss. Woods-"

"Listen Mr. Ace firstly I'm your assistant of course your wellbeing is my responsibility if anything to happen to you it'll fall upon me and secondly I'm a decent human and I cannot leave you with a bloody hand so please do not resist and LET ME DO MY JOB!!! "

I was surprised from her sudden outburst.

She took my hand and draged me to the washroom and kept my hand under running water.
I didn't resist.
She took a towel and wrapped around my hand.
"I'll get the first aid"
.
.
.
She was dressing my wound.
She looked oddly more pretty than other days. I guess I never looked at her like this, her face with a tensed expression. Her hairs made into a messy bun with few strains of hairs falling on her face.

I tuged back her hair behind her ears so that I can look at her face more clearly.

Wait. WHAT?

Shit! why did I do that I didn't realize why when how I did my hands moved to do that.

She looked confused, so was I.

"Umm.. thankfully the cut wasn't that deep so the dressing will do but I think you should check with the doctor to make sure if there's any small glass pieces stuck by chance"- she said nervously

I nodded. Clearing my throat.
"Clear my schedule for the rest of the day"

She nodded and left.
.
.
I reached the hospital, my sister was 5 months pregnant. My jaw clenched.
" Dan you're here ", my mom huged me crying.
My dad was sitting near my sister holding her hands. My sister was lieing there staring blankly at the ceiling. Her eyes has traces of dried tears.
I went near her.
" Dana ", I called her she didn't reply still staring at the ceiling. I gently strocked her hairs being lost of words seeing her like this. Taking a deep breath I walked out of the room went to the balcony lit up a ciggarette.
" Son", my dad came.
"Where is he? "- I asked.
" He brought Dana here and left when we came here and hasn't returned yet", he said sighing. He took the cigarette out of my hand and took a puff.
" I don't think I can take this any longer dad"
"I know but he's Dana's husband if it wasn't for Dana I would have buried him alive myself", he said holding the railing tightly.
I took a deep breath and looked at the quiet city.

I had all the power in the world that I could ask for yet here I was unable to do anything.