Chapter 4

Juliana's pov

It's been a week of me working hereI have moved at an apartment close by. It's going pretty good but yes it is hectic most of the time. I don't understand how he manages to do so many tasks on a daily basis. I made two great friends Lily and Vennesa.
They are the receptionist of this floor and are really sweet.

Ring Ring*

" Hello this is Mr. Ace's secretary how can I help you? "

" I'm Veronica I'm unable to reach Daniel's cell phone. Tell him that I want to see him this afternoon"-she said it in such a squeaky voice. God woman my ears.

He's free this afternoon but I shouldn't tell her that without asking him.

"Maam let me ask Mr. Ace, I'll call back and let you know"

"Why would you tell me, tell him to call me alright"- she said impatiently

"I'll-"
She hung up. Wow arrogant much.

"Mr. Ace "

"Yes? "

"A lady named Veronica called and said she wants to meet you this afternoon, since you are free this afternoon should I make-"

His face looked... bored and annoyed?

Alright I get your point mister

"I'll inform her you have an important meeting this afternoon and can't make it? "

He looked surprised.
Did I read his face wrong?

"Yes tell her that, and don't give my number to anyone and tell them to communucate through you"- he said looking back at his documents in his hands.

Handling my boss's affairs.
So much for being an assistant.
Sigh*

Daniel's pov

This woman I'm actually surprised that she can understand what I want without me telling.
Smile*
It's been a week and she did nothing wrong.
Surprising as it is I think I can finally let go Mark. That stupid bastard must be smiling thinking I haven't complained about anything to him yet.
.
.
Miss. Woods is organizing my shelf, her back is facing me. God she got a nice ass, it would be nice to gra-
Wait what am I thinking.
She's been struggling to reach the top shelf and given she's not that tall and her heels aren't really helping.
I sighed. I went towards her. And took the file she's been trying to reach. My chest touched her back. I could smell her perfume, it smells like vanilla. She looked at me clearly shocked.
I cleared my throat and created some distance.
"Ask the helpers to get the rest of the files for you", I said and went back to my desk.