Wait.

Wait.

Back up.

Reverse...

My eyes darted back to the table, locking securely on the female who tried so hard to hide the crumbs falling from her lips. I felt my airways constrict, a broad grin erupting on my face as I called her name. Her brown eyes flickered over to me with surprise before they widened with glee.

My fingers clawed at Asra's hands, and he let me go with a small laugh. I would've run if it was possible, my heels slowing me down. Piper grinned, brushing her hands down her skirt as I approached. We collided in a flurry of colours, her arms wrapping around my shoulders as I wedged myself into her embrace.

"What are you doing here?" I breathed.

"My father was invited, so I tagged along after Asra told me you'd becoming!" She gasped.

I pulled out of her arms, and our hands interlaced. "Aw, you came all this way for me?"

Piper laughed, shaking her head. "No, I came here for the free food."

I scoffed, pinching her hand in retaliation. "Did you miss me as much as I missed you?"

"Well, if you got a phone, you could text me." She rolled her eyes.

Scowling, I shook my head. "You realise it took me nearly three days to figure out how to load movies on the television?"

Piper giggled, pulling me close for a hug again. "I know, I know. Are you here all weekend?"

"We leave tomorrow," I mumbled into her ear. "I don't know what time, though."

"Well, we should catch up whilst we are here. I don't leave until tomorrow night, so we have plenty of time." She giggled, her chest shaking my body.

"That would be amazing." I sighed.

"Good," Piper quipped, pushing me out of her arms. "Now show me the fit! I want to see what they did with you."

I rolled my eyes but gave her a spin, coming back to find her nodding with appreciation. I dropped my gaze, smoothing out my dress as I scanned hers. She, too, spun, showcasing the soft baby pink dress. It was long-sleeved and silky, plunging to her belly button and showcasing her slim figure. The skirt was long and full, draping across the floor with a slit all the way up to her hip.

My eyes widened. "How do you not flash your cat in that dress?"

Piper laughed, swaying the skirt in her hands. "I practise walking in it."

"Only you could pull that off," I appraised her.

"I know you are not bringing yourself down," she scowled at me. "Have you seen yourself tonight?"

I blushed softly, my nails digging into my palm with nerves. "I feel very exposed."

"It's nothing," she shook her head. "I think the back is just enough."

"Not in that way." I shook my head.

Someone came up behind us to grab a pastry, and Piper took hold of my forearm, pulling us away. We moved to the end of the long table, slotting into a gap big enough for the two of us against the window. Piper giggled as I frowned at the rude interrupting male, frustrated he could not even excuse himself to reach around us. The curtains brushed against my bare back, and I was quick to grab two drinks from a passing server.

"I have never been in a room with so many wolves," I commented, scanning the surroundings.

Piper looked around, humming. "As an alpha, you will have to get used to it."