Chapter 20: Bold and Confident!

Heyy I'm back! Hope you love it. Have a good read!! 💜

The movie ends and Jacob is asleep with his mouth open.

Dumbass.

I take some popcorn and put them in his mouth. He quickly wakes up chokes on them and spit them. I burst out laughing at him. He turned to look at me and he looked mad.

Oops? You're about to get killed by your brother. Nahh I'm used to it.

"Sorry?" I said bursting into laughter again and making him angrier. He just rolled his eyes at me and told us to go home.

On our way home I was talking, a lot.

"You know I loved Jason more than Matthew? But the people you love always hurt you, huh? Damn bro I don't believe it. I got hurt twice." I said to him.

I kept telling him about Jason and I, and Matthew.

Come to think of it, I ignored all Matthews red flags like what?

Come to think of it you were drunk in love. Shut up. Truth hurts babe. Means you're hurting yourself? Mhm

We got home at around 1am and I needed coffee.

I walked to the kitchen, washed my hands and took out coffee and a mug.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jacob asks holding my hands, tightly. "Uhm making myself coffee?"  He's gonna preach, but not the word of God, he's gonna talk about how coffee is gonna kill me. I mean I want to die so I don't mind.

Even feeling suicidal? Jason got to you. Shut up dumbass. Hey I understand, it also hurts me I mean I am you.

Jacob loves me. My brother loves, he supports me and cares for me, he's soft with me.

Maybe he has a crush on you? I won't judge I mean I am fine. You're lying to yourself, you're like dog poo. Fuck you!

"You're not making coffee you have to sleep plus don't you have something to do?" He asks. Well I can sleep or pack my clothes I am leaving tomorrow. I roll my eyes at him and go to my room. He always wins.

**************

I woke up at around 10 because my best friend can't fucking live without me, like what? She called me and I slept with "Do not disturb" off, I felt like murdering myself.

I am talking to her now, she's on her way here because she said she would help me pack. Riley is my dresser. What would I look like without her?

You'd look like a drunk dog. Where did you see that Elsy? I meant you'd look like a sleepy dog.

"Bitch I'm here open the door for me!" She screams. Riley doesn't knock and in the middle of the week she just opens the door and gets in. It's the weekend, my parents might be here.

I go downstairs and open the door for Riley. "Pshh took you long enough," she said walking past me with a suitcase behind her. "Was I supposed to fly here?" I ask.

"Unlike you I don't have superpowers. That's why people aren't scared of me." I mumble and she stops in her tracks. "You said something?" She asks with the most evil smile on her face. I know she heard me.

"I said how are love you dear best friend." I say not looking her in the eyes. She says when I lie looking into her eyes, something happens to my eyes and that's why she loves looking in my eyes when she's interrogating me. She's such a bully.

I'm also a bully? Biggest bully in town.

"I'll let you be, I, don't care. Whatever." She says walking towards the stairs. I watch her struggle with her bag. I didn't tell her to bring her whole closet here. I follow her.

After sometime she finally got her enormous bag to my room. "That was a whole workout session," she says wiping an invisible drop of sweat on her forehead. Drama queen.

She walks over to my closet, picks out a few clothes and starts putting them together with the new ones. "You're gonna fit these, I want you looking your best we want Jason to see that you are great without him..." A call interrupts her.

"Speak of the devil," I say as she widens her eyes and signals for me to pick it up. I pick up.

Me: Hello?
Jason: Hi, Bella how are you?
Me: I'm great thanks yourself?

I said, excitement filled my voice. He has to know that I'm doing great without him.

Jason: I'm sorry. Jessica gave me nothing, there was no bet, no money nothing. My intentions were to love you the whole time. She's done this before. I need you to trust me.

Pshh I'm not your little sister you can fool. That's not even enough for me to believe him. Riley rolls her eyes and mutes my phone.

"Hang up, he has nothing useful to say." She says. She might be right but let's see how far Jason's willing to go for me. "Mhm not yet."

I unmute the call.

Me: Prove it.

The confidence in my voice makes me bold.

You're just excited he called. No I'm not. We both know the truth babes. Shut up.

Jason: Let's meet up and I'll show you when last I talked to her on the phone or texted her. I                      haven't been talking to her and you have to believe because I spent most of my time with you. I'm willing to give us a chance and I don't want anything or anyone tearing us apart. I really really like you, you're a great person and I wouldn't do that to you.

He said he loves you. Elsy he never said that. His voice and words did.

Riley smirks. She has a plan.

Me: I'll text you when and the place.

After that I hang up. "What are you thinking of?" I ask. She doesn't say anything but gets off the bed. "Jason will make us finish packing late, let's fit these clothes and then we'll talk about Jason.

**************

"There you go, all done." She said after 3 hours of fitting and modelling for her. Riley is a bully, she forced me to model for her. I am exhausted. "Are you sleeping over?" I ask jumping on the bed and lying next to her.

"Mhm nope, I wanna pack our make up. You're lucky we have the same foundation shade or else we'd be going make up shopping." She says, we're not going on vacation. "Chill girl, we're not going on vacation and we're not staying there for the whole summer break." She rolls her eyes and picks up her phone from the bed.

"Drive me home, Bella and we'll deal with Jason tomorrow on our way there." She says leaving my room with my car keys. Riley loves to drive my car, she never told me why.

We get into my car and she connects her phone to my car. Riley is like my brother.

"Buy bestie, see you tomorrow, I'll text you the time." I wave her goodbye. It's a few minutes to 3 in the afternoon and I haven't washed myself. I've been with Riley ever since, no food no nothing. This girl will be end of me.

Hope you loved it. I'll update after two days. Finally done and free. School's closing soon and I won't be so busy like before.