16.Warmth in my own pool of blood

The next day, Aarohi found solace in the gentle sunlight streaming through the curtains, illuminating the room with a warmth that seemed to echo Neil's understanding presence. She had taken a brave step in revealing the depths of her trauma to him the night before, and the weight that had burdened her for so long felt a little lighter.

Aarohi saw Neil who is sleeping on the couch in the room and she went to the bathroom to freshen up.

Neil, with his sympathetic eyes, respected the vulnerability she shared. As they navigated through the day, he approached her with a sensitivity that spoke volumes. There were no probing questions, just an unspoken assurance that he was there for her.

Neil entered the kitchen where Aarohi was making breakfast for both of them.

Neil- Chipkali
Aarohi- tum uth gaye, fresh hoke aajao sandwiches bana Rahi hun main.
Neil went down to his flat to freshen up without speaking a word.

Neil-hmnmmm bohot ache hai! Kya hai isme?

Aarohi-Paneer aur Corn.

Neil-bhabhi ne sahi kaha tum bohot achi khaana banate ho.

Aarohi-yeh toh sirf sandwiches hai kabhi wakt Mila toh lunch main biryani bana ke khilaungi.

Neil-pata nahi tumhe wakt kab milega.

Aarohi-kal Sunday hai na shayad main Ghar pe hi rahu toh banaungi lekin uske liye kuch samaan bhi laana hoga.

Neil-toh shaam ko chalenge lane samaan.

Aarohi-thik hai jaldi aaungi waise tum Aaj Ghar pe hi ho na.

Neil -haan par tumhare aane ke baad hi jaaenge samaan lane.

Aarohi-thik hai.

Aarohi got ready and went to the hospital and Neil went to Sumati's house to play with Nihara.

Aarohi was normal with Neil but when she is away, she couldn't stop thinking about the night.
Aarohi called Neil.

Neil's PoV
Yeh chipkali iss time PE call kyun kar Rahi hai?

Neil-Hello Chipkali.

Aarohi-Hello

Neil-kya hua tum thik toh ho na mujhe call kyun kiya?

Aarohi-main thik hun. main yeh kehne call Kiya tha ki tum taiyar ho jao main aa   rahi hu, market chalenge.

Neil-itni jaldi kaam khatam ho gaya tumhara?

Aarohi-haan Aaj emergencies nahi aaye toh appointments Puri karli.

Neil-thik hai main niche gate ke paas wait karunga.

In the car
They were both silent when Neil broke the ice.
Neil- chipkali ek baat puchu?

Aarohi- kya baat hai chamgadar

Neil, with genuine concern: "Main kuch soch raha tha, and you don't have to answer if it's too much. Lekin, with your family around, at least bhabhi, Kairav, Vansh aur woh sab nahin toh thaku maa, why did you feel the need to... you know, attempt..."

Aarohi, taking a deep breath, appreciating Neil's sincerity: "It's just that sometimes, the pain becomes so overwhelming that it feels like bahar nikalne kaa raasta hi nahi hai. Even with people around, us andhere mein dum ghutne lag jata hai."

Neil, nodding with empathy: "Main soch bhi nahi sakta ki tumhare liye kitna mushkil hoga. But I'm here to listen and understand."

Aarohi, opening up: "It's not about not having support; it's about feeling trapped in my own mind. Dard sab kuch bigaad deta hai chamgadar, aur uske vajah se pyaar aur support ko dekhna mushkil hota hai."

Neil: "Aarohi yeh baat shayad tumhe galat Lage yaa phir sahi bhi lekin mujhe lagta hai tumhare family I mean excluding bhabhi aur tumhare Bhai, mujhe nahi lagta ki koi bhi tumhe sunne ki koshish ki honge."

Aarohi: "Nahi suna! Maine ki koshish apni family main warmth dhundhne ki lekin..."

Neil: "Phir jab tumhe actually voh warmth mil raha tha..."

Aarohi: "Andhera itna badh Gaya ki main dekh nahi payi and I found warmth in my own pool of blood."

Neil, softly: " Chipkali, kabhi bhi Lage ki us andhera phir se chahne lag gayi aur tumhara dum gut raha hai toh yaad rakhna ki main hun."

Aarohi felt happy hearing that for her from Neil which she expected to come from her family.

They bought some things for the next day and they stopped at a restaurant to have dinner.

Aarohi-kya khaoge chamgadar?

Neil- mujhe zyada bhuk nahi hai aur kal biryani bhi khana hai to main idli khaunga.

Aarohi-kal biryani lunch ko karenge hum breakfast ko nahi Jo tum abhi se light khana shuru kar rahe ho.

Neil: "haan jagha bohot saara bana raha hun"

Aarohi smiled at him, nodding in despair and ordered the food. They left to the apartment after having dinner.

Neil carried the bags up to her apartment and went to Aarohi who was standing in her balcony and smiling. Aarohi felt a feeling of trust and warmth in Neil. She was smiling happily remembering the words said by Neil in the car.

Neil did not want to distract her from the thoughts that were making her happy and just stood by her adoring her smiling face.

So sorry for the long gap. I hope you guys give the same support and love to the story. This chapter is only for Neirohi. Do comment and tell how it was reading their heavy hearted conversations and don't forget to vote.