The Secretary

Summary: you're Vincenzo's secretary and have been since he came to Korea, but one thing you don't know is that over the time you've spent together, Vincenzo grew a crush on you.
—————————————————————————
Vincenzo's POV
A small yawn escaped my lips and I entered the law firm. As soon as I opened the door, I was greeted by the lovely smile of my secretary Y/N, who had her arms extended with an espresso sitting atop her hands.

"Ahhh you know me so well Y/N, thank you, I really needed this." I smiled back at her, taking the coffee from her hands and making my way to my desk.

"Of course Mr. Cassano, it's my pleasure." She replied flashing me yet another cheerful smile as she sat down and started typing away at her computer.

Since I came to Korea three months ago, I had asked Young-woon for a secretary as I wouldn't be able to deal with all my business by myself, and so he hired Y/N. and absolute angel from heaven. She's so sweet and kind, and from the first day she started I immediately fell in love with her. But of course I couldn't tell her, she's my secretary, and I'm her boss. That's just weird. Right?

"Do you need something Mr. Cassano?" Her gentle voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I realized I had been staring at her since I sat down.

I blushed, "No Y/N, everything is fine. I'm sorry, I was just thinking about the upcoming trial on Babel."

She giggled, mumbling a quick ok and turned back to her computer once more. God she's adorable.

Hours passed, as the two of us continued our work in silence. It was just the two of us since Mr. Hong and Mr. Nam are sick. Then I got a genius idea. I looked down at my watch and the time read 12:45. Perfect.

"Um, Y/N, would you like to join me for lunch today? I saw this new cafe right down the block that I've been meaning to to try and I could use the company..." I rambled on, loading my confidence once my eyes met her's.

"Sure Mr. Cassano, let me grab my bag." She blushed and stood up. I got up along with her and grabbed our coats and held the door open for her. "You're such a gentleman Mr. Cassano, thank you." She whispered.

"I try my best." I smiled, handing her our coat as we walked out of the plaza.

(Very mini time skip)

After retrieving our orders, we sat down at a small table looking out onto a beautiful garden.

"Thank you for inviting me Mr. Cassano." She mumbled, her eyes not meeting mine.

"It's my pleasure, and please, call me Vincenzo." I replied.

"Vincenzo..." she whispered looking at the hands with a smile.

"Ok now eat up, we have a lot of work to get back to when we get back." I smirked, talking a sip of my espresso.

(Time skip to end of day)

As the day drew to an end, I just couldn't bring myself to say anything to her about how I feel. I've been doing this for months now. But I just can't bring myself to confess to her. I sighed and got off my chair.

"Thank you for all your hard work today Y/N, you may go home." I thanked her, walking to hand her her coat.

"Thank you Mr. Ca- Vincenzo, and thank you again for lunch, it was delicious." She grinned, taking her coat from my hands. "Sleep well, and I'll see you tomorrow."

And then she was gone. God I need to do something before she gets snatched up. I'll confess to her tomorrow. I'll make sure of it.

(Next day, no one's POV)

Vincenzo sat at his desk, tapping his fingers on the wood, debating whether or not to say anything.

"Y/N," he finally called out, his voice smooth yet commanding.

Y/N looked up from her work, her eyes meeting his with a mixture of respect and curiosity. "Yes, Mr. Cassano? Is there something you need?" she asked, her tone polite yet professional.

Vincenzo paused for a moment, his gaze lingering on her. "No, nothing urgent. I just wanted to commend you on your exceptional work ethic. You never fail to impress me," he said, his voice tinged with genuine admiration. "And I thought I told you to call me Vincenzo."

A blush crept onto Y/N's cheeks, her heart fluttering at his praise. "Thank you, Vincenzo. I'm just doing my job," she replied, her voice soft yet sincere.

As the day wore on and the office emptied, Vincenzo found himself unable to suppress his feelings any longer. With a sense of determination burning within him, he rose from his desk and made his way to Y/N's workstation.

"Y/N," he began, his voice low yet filled with conviction.

Y/N looked up, her eyes widening slightly at the intensity in his gaze. "Yes, Vincenzo? Is there something wrong?" she asked, concern lacing her words.

Vincenzo took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts. "No, nothing's wrong. In fact, everything's... everything's perfect," he replied, his voice barely above a whisper.

Y/N furrowed her brow in confusion. "I don't understand, Vincenzo. What do you mean?" she asked, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Vincenzo stepped closer, his heart pounding in his chest. "What I mean is... I've realized something today. Something I can no longer keep hidden," he confessed, his eyes never leaving hers.

Y/N's breath caught in her throat, her pulse quickening with anticipation. "What is it, Vincenzo? Please, tell me," she urged, her voice barely a whisper.

Vincenzo took another step forward, closing the distance between them. "Y/N, I... I've fallen in love with you," he whispered, the words hanging heavy in the air.

Y/N's eyes widened in shock, her heart racing with disbelief. "Vin ... I don't know what to say," she stammered, her voice filled with emotion.

Vincenzo reached out, gently taking her hand in his. "You don't have to say anything. Just know that my feelings for you are real. They're honest and true," he confessed, his voice filled with sincerity.

With tears pooling in her eyes, Y/N squeezed Vincenzo's hand gently. "Mr. Cassano... Vincenzo," she corrected herself, her voice barely a whisper, "I... I feel the same way."

Vincenzo's heart skipped a beat, his eyes widening in surprise. "You do?" he whispered, hardly daring to believe it.

Y/N nodded, a shy smile gracing her lips. "Yes, I do. I've tried to ignore these feelings, to push them aside, but I can't deny them any longer," she confessed, her voice trembling with emotion.

Vincenzo's heart soared with joy, a weight lifting off his shoulders. "Y/N, would you... would you do me the honor of going on a date with me?" he asked, his voice filled with hope.

Y/N's smile widened, her eyes sparkling with happiness. "I would love to, Vincenzo," she replied, her voice ringing with certainty.

Vincenzo pulled her into a hug and kissed her head. "Thank you Y/N, I've never been happier, honestly."

"I'm just thankful you feel the same way Vinnie."  She whispered in his chest with a smile.

—————————————————————————
Word count: 1268

Hi guys! I'm back! Sorry this is a little short and isn't the best but I wanted to get something out to you!

Thank you @alejaaaa505 for the request, and keep them coming!

I love you all and thank you for 1.5k reads!!!!!