Valentine

Summary: you thought Vincenzo forget about Valentine's Day but when you got home from work, there was a surprise waiting for you.

—————————————————————————

Y/N's POV:

Sunlight peered through the curtains and hit my face. As upset as I was for being woken up, it's so peaceful and beautiful that I'm not mad. Glancing over at Vincenzo, I smiled seeing how peaceful he looked. Wait. Today's Valentine's Day! Me and Vincenzo have been together for almost a year now so this will be our first valentines together! I snuggled closer into his chest trying to wake him up earning a groan.

"Mmmm, buongiorno tesoro" he mumbled rubbing his eyes (good morning darling)

"Good morning my love!" I giggled, kissing all over his neck and cheeks.

"What's got you all giggly and excited?" He questioned with a chuckle. My heart sank a little. Maybe he just forgot!

"It's a special day of course!" I answered, keeping my smile.

"Oh? What's so special about today?" He questioned further, moving some hair out of my face. My heart dropped to my stomach. He really forgot. How could he! It's supposed to be our first valentines together!

"Oh ummm... I get to get off work early today! So I get to come home early to you!" I half lied. I really did get to leave early but that's not why I'm excited. He chuckled again and brought me into a kiss.

"Well I'm glad you're excited to see me early darling but I'm sorry I have to work late tonight. I have an online meeting with Luca after work to discuss some things regarding the babel case." He said. An instant frown made it way to my face. "But don't worry! As soon as I'm done I'll pick up some ice cream for us to eat!" He smiled, trying to make me feel better. It didn't work. First he forgets it's Valentine's Day, and then he won't be home until late even though I took the afternoon off?!?! Could this day get any worse?!?!

"That sounds lovely Vin." I replied, forcing a smile onto my face. I gave his lips a quick peck before getting ready for work.

Vincenzo's POV:

She looked devastated. I feel bad that I'm losing to her and playing dumb but I really want this to be a big surprise. As she walked off towards our bathroom to get ready, I waited for the door to close before grabbing my phone and texting Cha-Young.

Text:
Me: Ms. Hong
Me: Ms. Hong wake up
Me: hello?

Cha-Young: Jesus dude what's your problem, can't a girl get her rest?!?!

Me: sorry, but I need you to do me a favor.

Cha-Young: I'm not kidnapping someone for you.

Me: it's nothing like that... actually... it kinda is

Cha-Young: What! Nope, I'm not doing it.

Me: come on. It's not some random person! I need you to watch Y/N and follow her around today. I'm trying to plan a surprise and don't want her to come home early when I'm not ready. I need you to give me updates on where she is and what she's doing.

Cha-Young: awwww you big softie. Ok I'll do it. But on one condition...

Me: what do you want now