Sleepy - fluff

Summary: Vincenzo has been working non stop trying to figure out who babel's real boss is and end up having a sleepy night with y/n.
—————————————————————————Vincenzo's POV:

I am exhausted. I've been working day and night trying to figure out who babel's real boss is that I haven't gotten any sleep in the past 68 hours. I've been living off of the cheap coffee in the law-firm and it's really catching up to me now.

As I walked into my apartment in the plaza, I was greeting with the smell of pasta and soon to be baked garlic bread as well as humming coming from my girlfriend y/n. A smile instantly made its way to my face and I took off my shoes and hung up my jacket and made my way into the kitchen and wrapped my arms around her waist.

Y/N's POV:

I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist and a heavy head land on my shoulder as I stirred the sauce for the spaghetti. I haven't seen Vincenzo in the past 3 days because of how much he's been working, and I know I should've gone to check on him and make sure he was getting proper sleep but I didn't want to disrupt his train of thought since this case seems intense even though I don't know much about.

"Welcome home amore mio" I spoke softly, trying to be as peaceful as possible. All he did was grumble and nuzzled further into my neck. I chuckled and spoke again, "I made extra pasta and the bread is almost done. I was gonna bring it to you but if you're staying I guess I don't have to."

"I'm sorry for not coming home," he mumbled, almost inaudible. "Works been tough lately, all these things keep popping up. I just want to go back to Italy with you but it seems we will be here longer then planed."

I hummed, "that's ok, as long as I'm with you, I'm happy. But don't burn yourself out. The more you burn out, the longer it'll take, and the longer we have to wait to go back home." Turning to kiss his temple and ushering him to sit down, "we're just waiting on the garlic bread, in the meantime, take a seat and I'll grab us some wine." I told him, giving him a wink to which he smiled at me.

When I returned with the wine he looked on the verge of falling asleep. His eyes drooping. "Don't fall asleep on me yet, you need to get a proper meal in you before you pass out," I chuckled, pouring the wine and passing him a glass as well as a plate of food.

"grazie amore mio, cosa ho mai fatto per meritarti," he whispered, getting a whiff of the food. (thank you my love, what did i ever do to deserve you)

"mi amavi, e questo è tutto ciò che potrei mai chiedere," I replied, smiling softly as I sat down with my plate in front of him. (you loved me, and that is all i could ever ask for)

We sat in a comforting silence as we ate. It was relaxing, and I could tell he appreciated the quietness after the chaos he's been through in the past few days. I just wanted him to relax. I'm thinking of calling Mr. Hong tomorrow morning to get him the day off because he deserves it.

Soon after we finished, I reached over to grab his plates and glass, "go get ready for bed, I'll clean up and meet you in there."

"ok tesoro, non metterci troppo tempo" he said giving me a peck, walking towards our room. (Ok darling, but don't take too long)

I finished the dishes and made my way to our room. When I got in, I saw Vincenzo sitting at the little desk in the corner, papers spread across it. I sighed, "vinnie, you need to rest. You can't overwork yourself too much."

Walking over to him, I pulled on his hand, turning off the little light and dragging him to the bed. I got in under the covers first and pulled him on top of me. He placed is head on my shoulder and I started stroking his hair and massaging his neck.

"Promise me you won't go that long again without sleep and a proper meal, please." I whispered looking down at him. He looked up at me.

"You know I can't promise that, but I will try my best." He whispered back giving me a small smile, leaning up to pull my lips into a short, but sweet kiss. "ti amo, mio ​​caro tesoro." He ended laying back down on my shoulder. (I love you my precious darling)

"ti amo anch'io, Vin" i said, going back to playing with his hair. I was almost instantly greeted with light snores coming from him. (I love you too vin)

"Sweet dreams my love," I finally said closing my eyes and letting the land of slumbers envelope me.

*the next morning*

I awoke to inzaghi chirping and a single ray of sunshine hitting my face. It's so peaceful. I checked the time and my clock read 7:23am. So far, Vincenzo has slept almost 9 hours and I was not gonna wake him up until he woke up himself. I looked over at him to see his peaceful face, and the room filled with his quiet snores. I smiled.

Deciding that Mr. Hong was most likely awake, I shimmied out of Vincenzo's grasp to step out of the room to give him a call.

"Hello?" I could hear on the other end of the line.

"Hi Mr. Hong, I'm just calling to see if Mr. Cassano could have the day off? I know you guys are in the middle of a case but i don't know how much longer he can go without a break." I told him.

"That is completely fine. I was going to take a break myself, Mr. Nam invited the tenants and I to brunch so you won't even have to worry about interruptions. Make sure he gets lots of rest and food in him." I could tell he was smiling through the phone.

"Thank you so much Mr. Hong, have a great brunch and tell everyone we said hi!" I whisper yelled, making sure to keep my voice down.

"Will do, see you later!" He said, hanging up.

I opened the bedroom door and tried my best to quietly slip into bed. Vincenzo started to stir and then opened his eyes slightly.

"Amore mio? che ore sono? dove sei andato?" He grumbled, his voice deep and rough. (my love? what time is it? where did you go?)

"Shhh, torna a dormire Vin, ne hai bisogno." I mumbled, pulling him closer to me. (Shhh, Go back to sleep Vin, you deserve it.)

"per me andava bene," he whispered, snuggling into my neck. (Fine by me)

I closed my eyes beginning to drift off again. Letting Vin get his well deserved rest.

—————————————————————————
Well, a little shorter than the last one but I didn't want to make this one too long. Short and simple is the way to go.

1215 words