Chapter 22

Prom is today, and graduation is tomorrow. I'm at the salon with mum, getting my hair and makeup done.

My hair has been styled in a playful bun with little silver pins. My makeup is simple, and might I say flawlessly. It's not too much, but you know it's there.

Mum pays the bills, and we walk to the car.

"You look beautiful, Cameron."

"Thanks, mum."

We arrive home and I start getting ready. We are all meeting by 5 pm at the park to take pictures before the party. It's already 3 pm.

I walk over to my room and remove my dress from the hanger it's been on since last week.

I zip my gown up and stare at myself in the mirror. Just as I thought, the dress hugs me perfectly. I wear the silver jewellery mum got to go with the dress. A silver chain necklace, silver loop earrings, and black bangles.

I spray on my perfume and apply lip gloss to my lips again. I checked my phone. Laroi has sent a message. He'll be here soon. Kiki has sent a message, too. She's already at the park.

I wear my block heels and take one last glance of myself in the mirror.

I look beautiful!!!

"Mum?" I call out to her so she can see me before I leave with Laroi.

"I'm coming."

The doorbell rings. Laroi is here. I open the door to see him standing there looking so elegant and handsome.

I told him I was wearing a black dress, so he bought a black tuxedo to match. The colour of his clothes allows his eyes to pop out. His hair is gelled back. He looks really handsome.

"Hi, gorgeous."

"Hey, handsome."

He's blushing.

"You look beautiful, Cam."

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself."

"Are you kidding? I look hot." I can't help but laugh.

"Ok, kids. Pictures." Mum calls from behind. "Oh my god. You both look so beautiful."

"Thank you, Mrs Pierce. I don't know about Cam, but I know I'm looking fine."

"Thank you, mum."

"Pictures. Pictures."

"Wait." Laroi yells. "Your corsage."

He hands me a white corsage. It's really beautiful. It shines and stands out from the black.

"Thank you."

"Yeah. Yeah."

"Will you take the picture or not?"

"Ok, mum."

We stand for the photo.

"Say cheese."

"Cheese." We both say in chorus.

"Have fun."

"We will."

Laroi opens the passenger door for me, and I get in. He gets in as well and drives us to the park.

"Cameron!" Kiki practically yells out to me.

"Kiki!" I yell back, laughing.

"You look so beautiful." She's wearing a dark blue dress with block heels like mine. Her hair is also in a bun, and her makeup is beautiful.