Chapter 19

Cameron

I've been looking for the slip since I got home Wednesday night. I can't find any slip with Alpha's or Kiran's name on it. There are a lot, and I've gone through each one, only yo find nothing.

I told Kiki about the whole discovery thing. She was really excited. I think she's so excited because, in a way, she was right. She told me that I was in love with him. I was just too stubborn to accept it. She just left a while ago. She was helping me find the slip.

It's Friday night. Yeah. I know. I've been looking for a damn slip since Wednesday, and I've come out with nothing. In all this, I'm so scared that I might be too late. Maybe Alpha has moved on. He still is not answering my calls or texts. I don't know what to do.

I sent him two texts telling him that I really need to talk to him, but he doesn't seem to care because he still won't pick up or send a text. I don't know what to do.

I sit on the floor staring at the papers and slips lying around everywhere. This place is a mess. I was going to go over to Alpha's place as soon as I found his address, but I've not gotten it.

On Sunday that they came to church for the first time, and dad told me while we were driving to church. This means dad must know his mum one-on-one. If the slip is not here. Forget about the slip. Dad must know where they live.

I quickly gathered all the papers and arranged them all back where I took them out. I rushed out of the study and to the parlour where I saw him last.

"Dad!"

"Yes, Cameron." Oh good, he's there.

"I have a question." I sit on the couch with him.

"I'm all ears."

"You know Kiran and her son?"

I start slowly.

"Yes."

"The Sunday they attended our service for the first time, you told me about their arrival before the service."

"Yes."

"So, you know them? One-on-one?"

"No, honey."

"No?" My smile wears away.

"But then, how did you know they were coming?"

"Your mother told me."

Mum.

"Really?"

"Yup."

"Do you think mum knows them one-on-one?"

"I think she does." My smile returns.

"Why are you so interested in them?"

"They're nice people."

I try to hide my blush.

"Cameron?"

"Yes, Daddy." I whine.

"Is this about her son. What's his name?"

"Alpha."

"Yes. Is it about him?"

I look at my dad to try and decipher his reaction. He looks calm.

"Maybe." I just say.

"Be careful, honey." He smiles.

"That's all?"

I'm shocked to the core. It took forever before my dad agreed to Laroi and I dating.

"You're a smart girl, right?" He looks at me with stern eyes.