Chapter 10

Laroi

It's Thursday morning, and I'm getting ready for school. Cameron hasn't given me a reply, and it's making me really nervous.

I walk out of the shower and rap a towel around my waist. I find my way to my wardrobe and pick out anything in sight. Anything in sight is a white t-shirt, black jeans and a leather jacket, not bad.

Walking downstairs, mum is making breakfast while humming. I don't know how she remains happy even with all that has happened. I just hope she's not pretending in front of me. I want to be there for her. She shouldn't have to hide her emotions in front of me.

"Good morning, mum."

"Morning baby. How was your night?"

"Okay." I'm sitting at the table and eating pancakes. Mum looks nervous about something.

"Mum, what is it?"

"It's nothing, baby." She's definitely keeping something to herself.

"What is it, mum? You know you can tell me anything. Come on, mum, what is it?"

"Your dad wants to see you." My mouth drops all the way open, and my fork falls to the ground. Why does he want to see me?

"Why?"

"He says he misses you, Laroi. You're his son. I have no problem with it. If you want to see him, you can. I'll inform him."

"I have a problem with it, mum. Why would I want to see him after what he did to you. He left you just like that, and he wants me to see him. I'm not going to see him."

I walk out of the house in pure anger and frustration. Who the hell does he think he is. He left us just like that, and now he wants to see me. "He said he misses you, Laroi. You're his son."

Son? I'm not his son. He's not my dad. We share no relationship from the day he walked out that door. Our relationship ended right there, and then.

I arrive at school, and Cam arrives at the same time. This brings a smile to my face. She's looks flawless, as always she's dressed simple, no makeup on just baby pink lip gloss to complement her cherry lips. She's wearing a cherry pink top and blue jeans with blue sneakers. Her hair is tied in a playful bun.

"Hey Cam."

"Hi. Is something wrong?" Of course, she instantly knows something is wrong.

"Yeah. No. But I'll be fine." I don't want to talk about what happened this morning. It will ruin the happy mood she just gave to me. Plus, I want to know what her decision is.

"Are you sure, Laroi?"

"I am, really." What is her answer? What has she decided? She seems to be in a good mood. Her eyes have a certain glow to them. Her cheeks have a rich glow. Cameron is beautiful.

"Mhmm."

"Cam, what have you decided concerning our date?" Her eyes leave mine now, and she's staring at the floor. I'm nervous awaiting her answer.

"Yeah. We could go out. Just as friends." Her eyes return to mine again, and I smile at her. She returns my smile with an even bigger smile.

"That's awesome. Thanks, Cam."

Cameron locks her car and walks off into the school. I remain firmly rooted, still relishing in the fact that she agreed to go out with me.

Cameron

Yup. I agreed to go out with him. What could I have done? I thought about it carefully and it didn't seem like a bad idea. So yeah.

I just hope I don't end up regretting my decision, but he said we are going just friends going to hang out, have coffee, or something like that.

"Hey."

"I did it." I'm feeling happy about my decision. I don't know why, I guess deep down I missed Laroi, and I like the fact that we'll be going out. I just hope this doesn't blow up in my face.

"You did, didn't you? That's great, Cam." She doesn't seem so excited as I thought she would be.

"You don't sound so happy about it. What's wrong Kiki?"

"Just be careful, Cam. I don't want your heart broken again and with Mishael and all."

"Don't worry about it Kiki. We're just going out as friends, and I'm stronger than I was last year, and when it comes to Mishael, I don't think she's much of a threat." I'm hoping Kiki's worries are insignificant and won't become a reality. I can't take another stunt.

We walk to our lockers, pick out our books, and go to class. Ughhh. Biology.

Alpha

I'm sitted in the parlour trying to watch TV, but she's on my mind instead. I don't know what I'm watching anymore. Moments of us sitting on the grass with our feet in the water keep playing back in my mind. Our conversation and how her cheeks had this glow and a shimmer in her eyes. Cameron is precious. From the way she dresses to the way she talks and smiles. God, her smile. Her smile lights up an entire room. It has such a powerful effect on me. I want to do anything in my power to make her smile. She should always smile.

I've given up on trying to watch TV getting up, I turn the TV off and walk up the stairs.
I'm still going for the Sunday service. Seeing Cameron the other day has just made me even more eager for Sunday.

I want to talk to her, listen to her voice, and hear her laugh. She's clouded my visions. Cameron is always on my mind, although I'm not sure it's love or anything. I just believe that she intrigues me. It's been so long since someone sparked my interest, but Cameron, she took my breath away. From the first time I laid eyes on her, I've wanted to know about her, her likes and dislikes, her favourite food, clothes, her genre of music.

With the little time I spent with her at the pond, my interest in her has grown stronger and deeper. Cameron is entertaining and intriguing, simple but complex. She looks like she would be like all the other girls, but she's not. This girl is incredible.

Fortunately, it's Thursday. Sunday isn't as far as it feels.