Chapter Thirteen

Finally after ages Shun decided to stop ignoring everything he felt. This means avoiding Aqua wasn't needed anymore. And now watching his two favorite girls practice was becoming a routine.

Well, he watches them for two whole minutes before starting to get bored and doing something else. But it is the thought that counts, right? Today wasn't any different, eh, well maybe a little bit, he hasn't seen Aqua anywhere.

And there is a person here with a duck or pigeon costume on his face. Appearently he's famous or something. However, Shun never heard of him. But it's not like he's mentally a teenager that likes to watch that type of content.

It doesn't really matter. Shun's mind wasn't on him but on the stupid homework he was working on in the small kitchen of the studio. Kana had to discuss something with her fellow idols wannabes and dragged Shun along again.

But it's not like he cares. It was another chance to see Aqua and that stupid face of his. Too bad that he's nowhere to be seen and now Shun had to occupy himself with his homework.

Shun never liked maths, it is too difficult for no reason at all. And you'd think that he already mastered this, because he went to school twice and shit. But no, he didn't.

Shun shakes his head frustrated. 'How hard can this be...' he whispers.

'You seem happy.' a high pitched voice says.

Shun looks away from his paper to the man in the duck costume and groans. 'I'm making my math homework.' he states while watching the person take a seat next to him. 'I don't get it. What do we need this for anyway?'

'The world works around math and logic.' Pieyon says in a matter of fact tone.

Shun rolls his eyes. 'Yeah, I've heard that before. I don't really get how you and people like him think maths is something you need to learn.' he says annoyed. 'But I guess he was nerdy enough to become a doctor.' Shun closes his eyes leaning against the palm of his hand with a small smile. 'I've never seen someone so motivated. Unlike me who barely survived school to become a lawyer.'

'You're not a lawyer.' Pieyon says confused at this boy's babble.

Shun sighs. 'Not anymore I guess. I want to be though.' he says before sitting up straight and getting out his phone. 'I heard amazing stories about this one lawyer.' he says to the masked man before typing his name into the search bar. Why not brag a little, right?

Shun could feel the stare of Pieyon on his phone, and suddenly he went stiff and Shun swore that a gasp came out of his mouth. The black haired male ignores it and taps on his phone making a bunch of links pop up.

Shun smiles bitterly, the most recent ones were about his death. Shun knows that they caught the man riding that car, after all he googled himself a few years ago. He also saw a statement made by his family claiming that the time behind bars that the man got weren't enough.

Just to think that his real family was still out there living their lives made him feel saddened.

Suddenly he feels his phone being grabbed away from his grasp in a hurry. He stares weirdly at the man beside him, reading the content of one of the links he clicked. 'Such a shame huh? And the culprit only got one year in prison.' Shun says irritation rising inside of him.

'I thought...' he hears the man beside him whisper in a very familiar voice.

Shun's eyes widen. 'Aqua?'

Before Shun could say anything the male drops his phone on the table and leaves the room.

-

---

-

Only a day later when Shun walked inside the same kitchen, he saw the Pieyon Man sitting by the table with his phone in his hand.

'Hey.' Shun greets making the other look up from his phone to stare at him. Ignoring the stare, Shun starts to walk to the fridge planning on grabbing some water.

'How do you know him?' Pieyon or should I say Aqua says in a high-pitched voice.

Shun hums reaching inside the fridge to grab a water bottle. 'Who?'

He then suddenly stands up and walks over to where Shun was. Shun looks at him startled while slowly closing the fridge. 'Him.' Aqua shows him a picture of the old him, making Shun furrow his eyebrows.

He chuckles nervously. 'He was a pretty well known lawyer...' he says, quickly trying to come up with an excuse. 'Everyone wanting to become one has heard of him.' Him knowing himself isn't weird but something that is, is Aqua knowing him. Especially because he has been dead for quite a while.

Shun raises an eyebrow. 'How do you know him?'

'Is he dead?' Aqua asks quietly, now in his normal voice. 'Really dead?'

Shun stays silent before stepping closer to the boy and putting his hands on the duck mask. Aqua didn't stop him from removing that suffocating thing and Shun never once let his eyes travel somewhere else than Aqua's face and messy hair.

'What's wrong, Aqua?' Shun asks confused after putting the mask on the counter.

'Answer my question.'

Shun has never been so confused in his entire life. 'Yeah...He is.' he mutters, watching how Aqua's face contorted into one of pure horror. Shun stares at him uncomfortably. 'What? I don't get it. Why do you care so much?'

Aqua felt his world stop. He never once had the courage to google his husband's name, but he didn't need to anyway. Because he thought he knew the truth. That his husband was well alive, living his best life with someone new or even better, alone.

Hearing that he is dead shocked him to the core. He spent his entire night reading the existing articles about his death, trying to reassure himself that it wasn't real. That some drunk guy didn't run over the love of his life only to get one single year as punishment.

And it was shortly after his own death too.

Aqua's eyes drop to the ground and he felt the tears form in the corner of his eyes. It just can't be. 'Aqua?' he hears the soft concerned voice of Shun say behind all the thoughts inside his head.

Shun sure was confused but that didn't stop him from caring. The same steps closer to the teary eyed boy and slowly pulls him into a hug. One hand on the boy's back and the other on his hair, caressing it gently, trying give him some comfort.

Flashbacks of when Aqua hugged him back at the reality show clouded his mind making his grip on him tighten. 'Maybe this reminded him of something. He did say he could relate to how I feel.'

Shun finally feels the boy's arms return the hug and the little droplets fall onto his shoulder.

'It's okay, I got you, Aqua.'

------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter is the season one finale! And I've got a surprise for y'all (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)

Still thinking if I'm moving on to the manga or not. What do you all think? Wait for the next season or continue with the manga?

Thank you for reading!

If there are any spelling mistakes please say so!

Season 1 Episode 10

Bye<3