Chapter: Void

Mulai dari awal

"I still don't understand how you managed to pull this off, you're dressed for the occasion but you only showed up to the party after it ended."

"Obviously..."

"...I wasn't invited after all."

With my coffee in hand, I idle along with the crowd nearby and watch them take away the body in an ambulance.

Making sure to examine my handy work, I blend back in when the police begin pushing people back from the scene.

"This guy really was a big deal, they're setting up jammers."

"Then get off my comms. I'll contact you when I'm out of the red."

An alleyway is probably the most obvious way to go about this but it's also the most reliable means of staying out of sight and moving quickly. Still a shame I'd be making a mess of this suit and all...

Footsteps.

The sound growing closer and closer by the second as a light of a torch shone along the way until it's rays entered the alley.

A patrol officer squinted into the murky area and panned his light around. Another one soon followed.

"What's up?"

"I could have sworn I saw a guy come down here..." He responded with a shrug before continuing down the street.

Reaching the roof tops was easier than it seemed. I can finally make it out of here without much of a run.

"Alright, I got the confirmation, job well done."

"I'm not listening to you for a pat on the back, tell me what I want to hear."

"Yeeesshh, is that anyway to talk to your year long employer? Whatever, money's been transferred already."

I check my phone and sure enough find the correct amount being sent to me. It was a proper sign and send off.

"This price is still cheaper than what it took to find someone like you, it cost me a fortune just to hire you, ya' know?"

"If you manage to learn anything about me then you become my target, unless you pay me for a job...but once you found me you never wanted to let go."

I chuckle, jumping across roofs and slipping through apartment after apartment. Eventually coming across a complex that was actually worth my time.

Out of all the rooms, there was always one that was brightly lit through the window. Just across the street, I kept a watchful eye and smiled.

"Still, I did promise this would be the last hit I'd ask of you...but you always seem to be looking for more. Just how much money do you need?"

"...it's never enough. And for your information, I don't just kill. If you read more about me I could gotten you some Intel too besides having me kill crime bosses around the country."