Chapter 16

Mateo's POV
The moment I stepped foot in the door of my home, piercing screams filled my ears. I ran into the little Russian's room. I thought she was hurt. But I quickly realized she was having a nightmare.

Bane kept trying to nudge her awake, but she was deep in sleep. She was curled up in a ball and covered in cold sweats. She kept furrowing her brows, trying to escape whatever demon she was running from. 

I knew calling her wouldn't help. Nor would trying to wake her. So I walked over to her bedside and I did the first thing I could think of. I placed my hand on her cheek.

My father used to do it all the time for Alani when she would have nightmares. A gentle touch was all it took to calm her down. And then he would take her into his room. Me and my siblings always slept better in our parents room.

The little Russian stilled beneath my touch. Her skin felt cold and was glistened in a thin layer of sweat. Her eyes remained closed. She was still asleep, but it seems the nightmare has ended.

Without thinking, I lifted her into my arms. I didn't know what the hell I was doing. The sight of her makes my blood boil, and yet, I was carrying her up to my room and laying her in my bed.

She looked so peaceful compared to a moment ago. She slept like she belonged there. I didn't like it. She didn't belong there. She didn't belong here.

Even so, a part of me liked seeing her in my bed. And as a result, I hated her more. She has Russian blood flowing through her veins. I wanted to ruin her. I wanted to watch her crumble. But at the same time, I wanted to protect her. I wanted to shield her from the world.

Fuck, what are you doing to me, little Russian? Why is your presence so fucking intoxicating? 

I truly don't know what to feel around her. She confuses me. I can't stand her. Her bright clothes make me want to vomit. She spends more time with her nose in a book than anything else. Like she doesn't care to be bothered with me or the world. And she smells so sickeningly sweet. I'm not used to it. I'm not used to her. But that's what intrigues me about her.

She lies in my bed so beautiful and unsullied. I want to know what it would be like to see her come undone. To break. To unravel before me. There's more to the mute Russian. I know it.

I make note of her shivering frame and tug the comforter over her. She's visibly comfortable in my bed and it's all my fault.

Growling under my breath, I walk into my closet so I can change out of my attire. I freeze when I see the mess all over the floor. Dress shirts, slacks, ties, all shredded to pieces.

I knew Bane couldn't have done. He's not allowed up. And he's no matter. Which leaves me to suspect number two. The little Russian.

I should be pissed, but I'm more concerned about what made her take a knife to my clothes. I haven't been home all day, and we hardly see one another. We don't interact. The last time we interacted was at the engagement party. I still remember what her lips taste like.

Staring at all of my expensive, and ruined, clothes, I simply sigh. I don't have the energy to fight with her. If she wants to act like a child, so be it. This can all be replaced anyway.

Once I've stripped out of my clothes, I head into the bathroom so I can shower. Today was draining. As per usual. We still haven't figured out where our money's gone, and I'm getting sick and tired of The Cardello's mouth.

Speaking of The Cardello's, I still need to figure out what happened between Julian and the little Russian. While her hand has healed, my curiosity has not. Something happened between them that she doesn't want me to find out. But I will find out.

And depending on what I find out, will determine whether or not Julian Cardello lives.

While the water is running, I pick up my phone to check my surveillance footage. I have no doubt in my mind that the little Russian was behind what happened. But maybe the footage will tell me what led up to the destruction.

I began fast-forwarding through the footage. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. She did what she's always done since moving here. Read, eat, sleep, and play with my dog.

I was about to give up my investigation when I saw it. She was sitting in the living room with a book in hand when she spotted one of the cameras I had installed above the fireplace.

The cameras were never a secret. It's not my fault she's not more aware of her surroundings. Besides, this is my house. I need to know that the people in it are safe at all times and that no one is dumb enough to break in while I'm away.

I could see her mood shift. She was pissed. I don't know what she thought the cameras were for, but something tells me it didn't matter. The fact that I hadn't made their presence known was enough to piss her off.

I sped forward, watching her make her way into my room. She showcased her rage through the destruction of my clothes. And to my surprise, it didn't end there.

I watched her make her way over to my bed. She sat down on it, those gears in her head turning.

I bit down on my molars, pissed when I she began to touch herself on my bed. She was looking directly at the camera. Teasing me. She wanted me to know she knew, and this was her way of doing it.

Unable to tear my eyes away from the video, I watched her every move. From her hand disappearing under her skirt. The way her face reddened, her breaths became labored, and her face contorted out of pleasure. Down to when she climaxed and her toes curled.

I hurried back into the room, tempted to rip her out of her sleep. She didn't deserve peace after the shit she pulled.

But then my erect dick started to ache, and my priorities changed. I grabbed her ribbon from in the drawer of my nightstand and got in the shower.

Fuck her for making it appear as though I have no control over myself. I'm not some horny fucking teenager.

I tied the ribbon around my length and roughly fisted it. I let the water be my lube as I stroked my cock from the tip down to the base.

A groan slipped past my lips as I pictured her on my bed, legs spread, back arched, and her fingers deep within her pussy. The nerve of her to smile and flip me off as if she knew what she did would bother me.

Not to mention how she managed to keep from exposing her pussy to me. I jerked my cock even faster. My balls were beginning to tighten and I was seconds from exploding.

Never have I ever allowed a woman to have any control over me. I was angry. The video of her played on a constant loop in my head. It had audio, so I can vividly remember the breathy, erotic sounds that came out of her as she finger fucked herself.

I imagined her flushed face as she climaxed, and shortly after, I was coming all over my hand.

Cazzo(Fuck).