He carries me back to the place where we've left my slippers and wheelchair. Slowly lowering me down to my wheelchair. He bends over and starts to wipe the sand off my feet, before I could object him, he shuts me up with a glare that screams 'don't you dare stop me from what I'm doing'.

He proceeds to slip my slippers onto my feet and then walking over to tie his shoes. 

Matteo

I feel two arms wrap around from behind while I'm tying up my shoes, before I react, I look down at the arms and realize it's Sylvie's. 

I turn around and see that she's stood up from her wheelchair and is now hugging me, I take in this moment and return the hug. I've missed this. 

I've missed her soo much and she has no idea. I've been waiting for the day I can hug her like this, and I've held myself back since she showed up at home. 

I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable by making the first move and giving her a hug, I wanted her to get comfortable around us before anything. 

She's literally shifted her entire reality to come and live with us, leaving her past behind, leaving everything that she believed in. This is the least we could do. 

She pulls back and both of us have a smile plastered on our faces. "Thank you for everything today" She say. I shrug it off, she deserves soo much more than this, "It's nothing bambina, anything to see than pretty little smile of yours" I say pinching her cheeks. 

She scrunches her face in a weird way and pouts, she looks exactly like a little baby. I laugh at her antics and ask her to sit down so we can leave. 

I bend down and tighten my shoelaces properly. 

Before I can look up, I hear a sharp scream behind me. 

I swiftly turn around to find Sylvie on the floor next to the pavement and a man who looks dangerously similar to her step father, holding a knife to her throat. 

I slowly reach to the back of my shorts and pull out my gun, I look behind her and find our men on the floor with blood pooling out from their necks, that means it's only me left to fend for her. 

"Let her go" I say pointing my gun toward the man and making eye contact with him, quickly glancing over to Sylvie and she looks pale right now, her hands ae shivering and knees are slightly scraped and bleeding. 

He moves his hand to hold her in a chokehold as she yelps, I want to kill this man for hurting her. 

"Or what? What are you going to do?" He threatens me and moves the knife closer to Sylvie's neck. "You're a weak pathetic excuse of a brother, exactly like Andrea" My blood boils at that sentence. How does this man even know my family. 

I try to move closer to him, but he tightens his hold and touches the tip of his knife to Sylvie's neck. A lone drop of blood trickles down her neck. 

I know this man isn't giving empty threats, he can and will kill Sylvie if I make a wrong move. I need to think properly before making a move. Right now the top most priority is Sylvie's safety, the rest can be handled later. 

I see a heavily tatooed man coming from behind, and put my gun in my pocket knowing it'll be of no use right now. The man to my right throws in a punch directed towards my face, I dodge it before lifting my leg to kick his side. 

He jumps back grabbing my leg and flipping me over making me fall to the ground. I lift myself up and take a swing at his face, I manage to break his nose before he pulls me into a chokehold, I try my best to escape him. But he's bigger than me, I weaken myself as he loosens his grip, I pull out my gun and pull the trigger aiming straight at his neck.