|13. come over|

CAITLIN

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

CAITLIN

narrative, messages

september 9th, 2022

Everyone surrounding the Iowa Hawkeyes Women's Basketball program knew something was off with Caitlin. The brunette who was always smiling and cracking jokes had seemed like a shell of herself for a week. Coach T couldn't get through to her, Monika couldn't get through to her, even Kate seemed unable to crack Caitlin's code. So she went to practice, no smiles, barely talking, practically floating through the drills once again. And Coach Bluder was not happy with this.

"Caitlin." She blew her whistle, calling the brunette over to her. "What is going on?"

"What?"

"There's something going on with you. You're playing terrible right now and you look like a ghost." Bluder wasn't wrong and Caitlin certainly knew that.

"Everything's fine, Coach." That wasn't nearly convincing enough for Bluder to drop the subject, but if Caitlin wasn't going to talk, there was only so much she could do. "Then get your head out of your behind and get back out there."

"Yes ma'am." Caitlin saluted her before lazily jogging back over to Coach T to get subbed back in.

XXX

Caitlin now dreaded her post practice shoot around. Her mind still thought of Angelina Martin an unhealthy amount and shooting the orange ball in the hoop only made it worse. Still, after practice, she went into the locker room, checked her phone, had a snack, and got ready to head back to the gym to get extra shots up. Coach Jensen was waiting for her outside the locker room.

"Can I help you?" Caitlin questioned, slightly confused as to why the post coach was waiting for her.

"Go change. You and I are headed out."

"But, I'm going to put shots up."

"This isn't optional, Caitlin." Coach Jensen responded sternly yet calmly. "Let's go."