|11. hangovers & hurt feelings|

ANGELINA

ANGELINA

narrative

september 2nd, 2022

Angelina's mind felt fuzzy when she woke up the following morning. Her head pounded at a fast tempo as she sat up. It took her a while to open her eyes and truly examine her surroundings. The photo on the wall wasn't hers. The bed she was sleeping in wasn't hers. The clothes she was wearing certainly weren't hers. The Iowa Hawkeyes basketball sweatshirt had only been given to players, and it was much too big for her 5 '6 frame. Groggily, Angelina went through the motions. She sat up, taking advantage of the Advil and bottle of water on the nightstand. She did a double take, looking back at the folded note with her name on it.

You were in pretty bad shape last night, so I just took you back here. Kate knows you're here, we had practice.

-Caitlin

She was in Caitlin's room. Caitlin Clark's room. The same girl she found herself pining for. Badly. She grasped at her phone to check the time- 11:13 AM. Practice started at 9, so Angelina deducted that she'd probably far overstayed her welcome.

XXX

"I'm here, I'm here." Angelina announced as she walked into her and Kaia's apartment.

"Where the hell have you been? I've been worried about you!" Kaia practically screamed, storming out of her room to where Angelina was.

"I'm sorry, I was with Caitlin and-"

"I know." Kaia dropped the concerned act and replaced it with a smile. "She texted me when you guys left the party."

"Did she, uh...did she say anything else?" She questioned, changing out of Caitlin's clothes and back into her own.

"Umm, no. Why?"

"I don't know. Something just feels really different." The photographer paused for a moment. "Maybe I should go by the gym. Caitlin's probably still there getting up shots."