Different type of Brokenness

The front door shuts, and I let out a frustrated sigh. I don't know how to pull this off without needing Kim's help. But, I don't feel like it's right for me to involve Kim without Lizzie's consent, I wouldn't want her feeling like I betrayed her. I brought my phone out to use the flashlight to illuminate the ground. It's gotten quite dark out and the last thing I need is to fall on my ass.

"Fuck!" Both me and MK say as we run into each other.

"Y/N-"

"No, please not you too," I bring my hands to my face.

"Oh, I um I'm sorry. I just- she's there but she won't even talk to me. I think maybe you should just leave her be-"

"Maybe she would talk if her sisters actually made an effort to try and understand her at least a little bit, she feels unseen and unheard, MK she-" I pause, inwardly cursing myself for saying more than I should have.

"I don't know what to do, Ashley is my twin-"

"And Lizzie is your baby sister!" I butt in.

"I know I know, I don't want to hurt either but I-" she sobs and my anger subsides.

I wrap my arms around her tightly as she breaks down completely, I feel weird but I know I can't just walk away. I want to be with Lizzie but MK needs someone right now, too. "I'm sorry," she whispers, pulling out of my hold. "Giggles is waiting for you," she wipes her tears but it's useless.

"MK-"

"Go Y/N I will be fine," she smiles and turns around heading back to the house.

"Fuck," I grunt, throwing my hands in the air.

I take a few seconds to myself, debating whether to knock or just try the knob see if the door is unlocked. If I knock I know she won't answer the door so I take a gamble and place my hand on the knob, twisting it. The door clicks open, and there she is.

"Oh baby," she's cuddled up on the floor, her whole body shaking as she sobs into a pillow.

I make sure the door is locked before rushing to her side, I wrap my arms around Lizzie. I don't need to say anything, because nothing I say will make her feel better, I can't make her pain go away, I can't fix it for her.

"Y/N.." Whimpering, she twists her body in my arms until she is facing me. Her eyes are bloodshot red, bursting with emptiness. I can see they are drifting into a dangerous and distant darkness.

I close my eyes and bring our lips together, but she doesn't kiss me back. She's still staring into nothingness. "They all hate me," her voice is weak, empty, and numb.

"I don't believe that's true." I choose my words carefully. "They just don't understand, blinded by fear of losing you like Theo." I bite the inside of my cheek, afraid to use his name.

"They don't see they are slowly losing me already and that's even worse," her lips tremble. "I lost Theo too but they make me feel like I can't grieve him because I kil-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence; it was an accident, and you need to get that through your thick little head," I tap her head then kiss her forehead.

"But it was my-" I hush her with my index finger on her lips.

"Nope, an accident" I repeat myself; she looks down at my lips then my eyes, burying her face in the crook of my neck.

I never met Theo, but I didn't need to. I see how much he meant to Lizzie, how much he actually still means to her. I can also take a wild guess and say he was the only one that supported her racing habits, probably because they both shared the same love and passion for it.