Back Home

The car ride home was longer than the drive there because I had to stop four times to puke on the side of the road. Driving and being hungover was not something I ever want to do again.

Opening the door to my apartment and getting hit with a whiff off bacon confuses me, I lean my head in and see Gabi in the kitchen. "Honey I'm home." I say kicking off my shoes and walking towards her "what the fuck are you doing in my apartment." I state sitting on a bar stool. "And is that bacon?" Gabi nods "I thought you might need some grease, and I have the key to your place."

I sigh, I'm too tired to make fun of her or tell her not to come in randomly I'm honestly happy she's here. Plus the bacon smells really fucking good cause I haven't eaten anything yet today.

"I also picked up your dog" gesturing to the place that Baloo is sitting begging for some of the bacon. "He's a dick for a golden retriever no wonder he only likes you. You guys have a lot in common." She says as she sets a plate of bacon in front of me I flip her off and start digging in, throwing a piece of bacon to Baloo. 

With a mouth full of bacon I say thank you, and we sit in silence for a while before Gabi asks the question I was dreading. "How was your sisters?" "It was okay." my answer was honest, I honestly didn't have time to think too much about the past and bad memories as my mind was full of something else and still is. It's been five hours since a text from her and I was missing it, I was missing her. 

Last night--------

Renee 

took you long enough.

how long it take you to think up that response? 

uncalled for. 

Why are you still up?  Didn't you have a concert

couldn't sleep wbu 

sisters birthday got crazy long story short 

i haven't slept in my sisters room 

since i was 16 and she still kicks. 

oh baby went out and had some drinks huh? 

I could almost hear her say that and it sent shivers down my spine. I feel my heart beat quicken, probably because I was still drunk and my thoughts were mushed. 

too many

Like enough that i could get secrets out of you, y/n?  

actually i cant talk to you like this 

why?

because you could 

i could what? 

I know she's only saying that to play with me and get me to say it specifically but I fall in and do it anyway.

get me to tell you secrets. 

oh so you have some?

don't we all, I'm gonna have to go to bed now. 

you fucking suck, I can't sleep and you're going to leave me

without thinking I type the next message.

Talk to your girlfriend 

she's sleeping 

so I'm a second choice 

no. never.

"Where the fuck did you just go?" Gabi grabs a piece of bacon from my plate waving it in front of my nose and then eating it herself. I shake off the memory and get up to put the plate away. "No where, I'm just so fucking hungover." I lie a little knowing that if she knew what I was thinking about she would scream slap me or cuss me out. Most likely all three at the same time. 

We sit down on the couch to watch a movie thankfully. The less movement the better for my nausea. I lay down on one side of the couch and Gabi sits at my feet. "fuck my head kills." I rub my temples. "how much did you even drink?" Gabi chuckles at me. "man I don't even know, 5 shots that i know of then life kind of got blurry." Gabi's mouth drops open "oh my god you haven't drank like that since high school. are you telling me I MISSED IT?" she picks up a pillow and throws it at me. "shut up and watch the movie." i retort catching the pillow and throwing it across the room. My eyes slowly flutter closed.

I wake up 2 hours later to the credits rolling on the tv, I pull out my phone to see I have a couple missed texts from Renee. 

Renee

i slept through my alarm 

I have 15 mins to get to the airport

5:29 pm

I made the flight 

did you make it home safe?

6:16 pm

are you alive?

Okay maybe more than a couple... I think about what to text back to her when Gabi, who was also on her phone, pipes up, "Oh my god look at this!" she turns her phone to me and I lean up towards it seeing a post from a Renee fan account of Renee and Alissa. "It looks like she's staying here with Alissa while she's on break from tour. Wouldn't it be cool if we saw her out and about." my heart drops seeing the video of them smiling at each other and laughing. I have to remind myself that were just friends, and I've known her not even for a week. I have no right to feel this way. I have no right to feel hurt and yet I do. 

"Woah you look like someone just killed a puppy in front of you. Are you okay?" I close my phone I know I have read receipts on for Renee and she probably won't care at all if I left her on read but in the off chance she did I wanted her to feel how I felt right now. "Yeah, I just got a wicked pain in my head." an actual complete lie this time as I'm feeling a lot better the nap reset my system. "want to order in for dinner? I'm assuming you're staying here and I'm starving." she nods and I can tell that she knows I'm lying but doesn't press on. "Mexican?" she asks. I nod handing her my phone so she can order, quickly putting my phone on do not disturb before giving it. 

The food arrives 40 mins later and we both tear into it. Gabi is on facetime with her boyfriend arguing about how to do the laundry so I pull my phone out to look at my messages.  

Renee 

meet me. 20 mins. Between Harrison St and Grant Ave.

------------

Two chapters in one day? what the- who am I? Thanks for all the love on this story so far. It started out as just something fun and i'm glad y'all are enjoying it. 

-Cam