Jay grunts, “Easy! Nya is one of us now, there's no reason she should be treated differently.”

“No reason? You added a girl to the group. You know how much that hurts your image? You're a boy band-”

I stood from my seat, “Absolutely not, Dareth.”

His eyes widened looking over at me, “Angel!” He greeted pulling me into a hug, “You could have greet-”

“The five of them are all equal, gender doesn't matter. In fact Nya is important since she gives girls the idea that they can do anything a man can.” I interject, gently pushing him back.

“Important? No. Irresistible... uh, debatable.” Kai winks at fangirls in the doorway. They scream and try to run to him, but guards stop them.

“Kai… shut up before I actually hurt you.” I threaten glancing back at Dareth.

“Darling, you can't change the recipe. The are the face of the franchise, and now the face of Teen Idol!” He whips out a magazine with Lloyd on it and Jay and Cole on each side of a heart with Nya in it.

“‘Sensei Lloyd’? But I'm only a Sensei-in-training.” Lloyd reads out.

And a fine good one at that.

Right… sorry. I'm trying to pull back a bit.

“And what's this about me and Jay still fighting over Nya? That's old news.” Cole grumbles.

That was messy shit. I wasn't there to experience it but holy shit. One… can I say… I find it bullshit that Nya started the whole thing, even though she was already in a relationship with Jay-

Actually if I start thinking about this now it will get me frustrated so… never mind.

“Who cares if it's real or not? Isn't this what you've always dreamed of? You're the hottest thing in Ninjago!”

“Dareth…” I seethe.

“Alright..” he sighs, glancing at Nya, “you'll be in the next action advertisement with the boys.”

___

“Dareth wants me to teach girls how to cook? How about I teach them how to do this?” Nya sprays water on sparring bots.

“I know. Such a misogynistic thing to say. But at least he agreed to an action shoot.”

“Only because he has a crush on you.” She growls out destroying the practice bots.

Misako walks up, setting her hand on my shoulder, “Bad day? You're supposed to hit them, not destroy them.”

I know… I'm hoping I never make her angry.

“I'm a girl, but I'm also a lot of other things. But what does that matter when everyone only sees me as one thing: the girl ninja.” Nya groans, “I just wanna be given a fair shot.”

“Why? To make things easier? The harder it is, the more you will excel. You'll never be happy if you let the world define you. You've got to define yourself.” She repairs the bots. “Now, again. And this time, destroy all the targets.”

Lloyd rushed through the doorway, “Sensei's back, and there's trouble.”

_

I've figured that life is easier if I just stay out of the way. Other than the fact that I may get beaten to a pulp just for being physically connected to Lloyd but, you know… at least I'm not dying.

“What is it? Have they sold out of Kai action figures? I knew there wasn't enough—” Kai shut up with a glare from me.

Wu shook his head looking over to a screen, “No. It appears when you destroyed the Cursed Realm, one ghost escaped. And you know him all too well. Clouse. Security footage shows him buying a train ticket that will arrive in Stiix in just a few hours.”