Chapter Twelve.

Nathaniel and I kept giving each other weird looks, neither of us sure of what's going on. We're driving back to my house, that's one thing for sure, but why? Beck seems pissed off, so my guess is nothing good.
"Are you sober yet?" Beck asked with a huff looking over at me.
"Look who's being all responsible" I winked at him, he shook his head at me with a smile on his face.
"I take that as a no" I giggled at his reply. "What about you?" He asked, looking back at Nate in his rear view mirror. Nate raised his small flask at his brother making me laugh, Becketts face was picture worthy, the utter shock made it even funnier.
"I'm never leaving you two alone together again" Beck sighed as he rubbed his forehead.
"Come on, we're not that bad together" I slurred, emphasis on 'that' knowing full well I was lying.

We arrived home, strobe lights flashing through the windows as music blared through the neighbourhood. I reached my hand back, Nathaniel instantly knowing what I was asking for, I took a big swig from his flask before shaking my head.
"Let's do this!" I shouted before stumbling out the car. The boys walked behind me, well, Nate stumbled, as we headed into the house.

Isaac and Bea were dancing by the front door and cheered when I walked in, Isaac shaking his head when he realised I was already very drunk.
The party was going great, everyone was having a good time, even Beas younger brother Toby showed up, which shocked us all, he was always quiet and stayed away from big scenes like this.
"Happy Birthday Elle" He said with a smile as we pulled each other in for a hug.
"Thank you! I'm so glad you came!" I was over the moon, Issac and Toby used to be best friends, but school changed them completely, the drifted apart before the first term was over.

I danced with Bea and my brother as more people piled in. One of them being Lucinda, the girl I was always in competition with. I tried my best to ignore her but my blood began to boil when I saw her all over Nathaniel, I couldn't believe my eyes. I stopped dead watching as he leaned down to kiss her.

Suddenly the urge to get out of there was too much to fight, I ran out to the back garden, releasing all the contents of my stomach in one of my mom's old flower pots.
"You okay?" Beckett asked as he crouched down beside me, holding my hair back.
"Way too much to drink" I lied as I wiped my mouth, he nodded at my words as he helped me get back up.
I guess I didn't need to pick anymore, my answer was already given to me on which brother I had a chance with, after Beckett lost control I grew closer to Nathan, saw what he could be like and learned to love that side of him, now I know it was all for show, any woman that gives him attention will receive it back, I was never special.

"Can you take me home?" I asked, his face covered with confusion as he looked back at my house. I shook my head "Not here, back to yours, that's my home" I saw his eyes soften at the words as he nodded, he held my hand walking me through the busy crowd, straight to the front door.

We sat in silence most the way home, his hand never left mine, I looked over at him as we got closer to the house.
"Why do you like me?" I asked stupidly.
"Why did you let me into your life?" He chuckled at my questions as we came to a stop on their large driveway.
"Because you made me feel human again" He said softly as he looked over at me. "You made me realise I am more than the creature I was turned into". I nodded at his words as I looked into his eyes. It was nice to see him back to normal again, the worst part about him losing control was not seeing his warm honey eyes, they were always black.

We headed inside together, I took my shoes off straight away sighing in relief before running up to his room to run a bath. He came in, not even bothered that I done it without asking, I think he was done with the smell of sick and alcohol as well.
"Have you got a spare toothbrush?" I asked as I began to undo my dress at the back only for it to snag on the material making me groan like a stroppy teenager.
"Let me help you" He chuckled, I turned my back to him as he gently undone the zip, I quickly grabbed onto my chest area making sure it didn't fall down completely in front of him.
"Thank you" I whispered as I turned to face him, taking the toothbrush that he held for me. "I'll only be a minute" I smiled softly as I walked back into his bathroom, it wasn't completely cut off from his room but it had more privacy then Nathan's, you could see the entire room just sitting on his bed, whereas Becketts had half a wall cutting through that covered the bath tub, just not the shower on the other wall.

I was quick getting washed, eager to get out and brush my teeth to rid this horrible smell and taste that was lingering. Once done I headed out with my hair dripping everywhere as Beckett only has one towel, but in all fairness it is the fluffiest towel I've ever used.

He laid on his bed, his back against the headboard as he scrolled through his phone. It was weird thinking a man over a hundred years old was sitting here using technology but here he was.
"Can I borrow some clothes please?" I asked, for some reason feeling shy. He dropped his phone to his lap looking at me, a small smile crept up on his face as he nodded. He walked over to his chest of drawers, pulling out one of his t-shirts and boxers. I thanked him as I changed, not letting the towel drop till I had put the top on, finally sliding his boxers on underneath the top, being sure not to reveal anything.

I climbed on the bed next to him laying my head on his chest making him laugh.
"Who knew drunk you was like having a five year old?" I slapped his chest, lifting my head up to look at him and pout, he was bullying me for no reason, I am not like a five year old. He looked down at me, our eyes meeting for just a second when I suddenly felt his lips crash into mine.