Chapter Nine.

Beckett looked over at me, as if waiting for me to move or say something, my chest grew tight remembering everything he said to me in his cell.

"Are you just going to ignore me?" He asked with a raised eyebrow moving closer to me, I didn't even think, I quickly stood up backing away, I moved closer to Nathaniel which also shocked me.
"Beckett" Nathaniel growled in a warning tone. "Not now". Beckett looked hurt, but he could only feel a fraction of what I was feeling.
"I-I'm gonna head home" I whispered looking up at Nathaniel. He nodded down at me with a soft smile.
"I'll drive you back". I followed him out the house, keeping my head down and ignoring Beckett, Bea would understand, after all I did tell her everything.

I opened the passenger door of his '67 impala as he quickly shut it again, his arm staying in its place as I turned to look up at him.
"I'm not sorry for what I said, if I have to tie you up and lock you away to keep you safe I will" He voice was stern as his eyes looked down at me, a dangerous look in them. "I am sorry for you feeling like you couldn't come to me this past week" I nodded at his words, I leaned forward letting my head drop on his chest, his spare arm wrapped around me as tears began to fall.
"It's okay little legs" He whispered in my hair as he kissed the top of my head.
"I'm sorry" My voice broke as more tears flooded. He wrapped me in a tight embrace as I gripped onto his shirt crying. It was all a bit much lately, I felt like all I do is cry now.
"Let's get you home". I nodded at his words pulling away. We got in the car and headed back to my house.

"He does love you, when his like that he loses control" I looked over at him, letting his words sink in.
"What was your excuse then?" I asked raising an eyebrow causing him to smirk.
"Ohh little bunny, that's a story for another time". I noticed his knuckles turn white as he gripped the steering wheel. I couldn't help but think about how our friendship had grown, since I first met him till now. Over the time I had learnt he didn't like humans and didn't want them in his life, we was a source for food to him and nothing else, yet here he was always worrying about me, protecting me, putting me first. It made no sense, the only conclusion I came up with was he was doing it all for Beckett, he was respecting his brothers choice.

He pulled up to my house turning the car off, I looked over at him to get a good look, he seemed like he was in deep thought, battling with himself.
"You staying for a bit?" I asking biting my bottom lip, my worst trait.
He looked over at me and nodded before getting out the car. We headed inside together as Issac stood in the kitchen talking with the social worker that comes every once in a while.
"Elle! So lovely to see you!" I internally groaned but forced a smile.
"Hi Angie" She looked back at Issac before carrying on their conversation, both Nathaniel and I listening as we stood in the door way.
"As Elle turns eighteen next week, she will be able to sign for full guardianship of you" I forgot about that! "-and I will finally be out your hair! This will be my last visit, other than coming back to sign paperwork" She smiled. Issac's face was beaming, Nathaniel slid past me leaning on the counter, a bitter sweet feeling flooded over me. Oh no.
"I think you should let Elle sign the papers now, save yourself a trip next week". I rolled my eyes, he just couldn't help himself.

She broke away from the trance and smiled again. "What a brilliant idea!" I watched Issac's face fill with confusion as she pulled out the paper work from her bag. She began signing all the details in as I stayed in my spot. This was illegal.
"Don't forget to date it for her birthday" She nodded at Nathaniel's words as she carried on.
"Just sign here please" I walked closer slowly, not believing what was happening right now.
"Dick" I whispered to him as I stood next to him. I signed everywhere I was told to, and soon enough she left us be.

"Really Nathaniel?" I asked in a huff, Isaac let out a loud laugh.
"That was impressive" I rolled my eyes at his comment.
"What can I say-" Nate smirked holding his arms out. "Women have a weak spot for me". I hit his chest with the back of my hand as I stood next to him making him laugh. He rubbed the patch I hit looking down at me, disapproval all over his face.
"You're very abusive ya'know Elizabeth" I rolled my eyes walking over to my brother.
"It's over" I sighed as he wrapped his arms around me, holding me tight, even though he was a year and a half younger than me, he was a lot taller.
"We're free" He smiled.

Nathaniel slid his hand over the island handing Isaac hundred dollar bill with a wink.
"Think this deserves take away and a celebration". I smiled at his words as Issac took the money, his soft features covered with shock.
"Thank you man! Text me what you guys want and I'll grab it" He said picked up his phone, shoving it in his back pocket.
"Get a bit of everything" Nathaniel said, once again handing him another bill. Issac's face beamed as he rushed out the house, shouting a loud "Thanks!" Before shutting the front door behind him.

I looked over at the dark, mysterious man in front of me, he had more of a heart than most I knew, but he rarely let it show.
"Thank you Nathaniel" I smiled softly at him as he smirked back at me.