Chapter Six.

We got back to The St John's home, driving up their drive way seemed to take forever in this silence. I got out first, heading to the front door, not even bothering to knock, I just walked straight up the porch with Nathaniel on my tail.
"Elizabeth, wait-" He pulled me back just as I got the door open. He pushed it open more revealing Beck standing there feeding off someone, a girl my age, I'm pretty sure she's in one of my classes. I gasped covering my mouth, her body hit the floor as Beck turned to look at me. His face was unrecognisable, blood covered his mouth, dripping down, I stepped back, Nathaniel's arms moved around me supporting me.

"Beckett?" I asked, so confused. He was so strict, he was so safe and now he wasn't, right now he was a monster.
His face turned to normal again but his eyes still dark.
"Elizabeth, go into my room and stay there till I say so" Nathaniel said sternly, I didn't argue with him and done as I was told, on my way I saw more bodies on the floor, I had to step over a few of them. The tears began to fall and I ran, shutting the door and locking it behind me. I fell against the door sobbing. I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. I heard a loud bang and a smash, I jumped out of my skin, I crawled to his bed and sat with my back against it. I don't know how long I was there for but after all the crying I soon fell asleep.

"Hey" I heard a soft voice in front of me as a hand gently stroked my face, I opened my eyes to see ice like eyes staring back at me with such worry.
"Is he-" He cut me off before I could finish.
"His fine" I sighed at his words as I picked myself up off the floor with a helping hand from Nathaniel.
"Why?" I asked, I couldn't find the words, but I needed to know. His face looked pained as he lead me into the living room again.
"Why doesn't matter right now, just know his getting the help he needs"
"Where is he?" I asked looking around, the room was surprisingly clean considering last time I was in here there was bodies everywhere, blood everywhere. I noticed their rug missing as I looked back at him.
"Oh" I said softly as I sat down on the couch. He knelt down in front of me as he held my hands looking up at me. I felt my eyes tear up.
"This is apart of who we are Elizabeth" He said sternly as I nodded.
"His denied himself so long and now his lost control, he needs to gain control again, other wise he will not just be a danger to everyone else, but a danger to you too" I just nodded as a single tear escaped.
"I want to see him" I said, Nathaniel's expression turned, his eyes darkened like I had just taken something from him, something important.
"It's not safe yet" I stood up wiping my eyes.
"I don't care, I want to see him" He nodded at me as he headed towards the door, grabbing his jacket in the process. He stood holding the door open, I quickly moved to follow him.

He drove us out to the other side of town, I looked out the window watching all the trees flying past, it was a beautiful wooded area that surrounded us, I've lived here my whole life and never knew of this place. He pulled up and sat there for a second not saying anything, he had barely said anything to me the whole journey, it was the first time I felt uneasy in his presence since meeting him for the first time.

"Nathaniel?" I asked, his hands gripped the steering wheel hard. "Where are we?" I could even hear the fright in my voice. He got out the car, slamming the door in the process. I quickly moved to follow him, I reached the front of the car where he stood lighting a cigarette, I watched the sun bounce off him, his black hair seemed more brown in this light, his eyes an absolute piercing blue with icy grey. His stubble had grown through ever so slightly more. I watched as he took toke after toke on the cigarette that rested so carelessly between his fingers.
"This is where I grew up" I turned to look at what he was looking at, I didn't notice it before, it's half a house, a massive house! The top half of the house had completely fallen through, some of the walls were visibly falling, crumbling.
"Why are we here?" I asked looking back up at him.
"You wanted to see Beckett" He grumbled as he threw his smoke to the floor, stepping on it before walking towards the house. I stood for a minute watching before rushing to catch up. He walked round the back of the house, to what looked like cellar trap doors, they have them at every bar, he aggressively pulled them up, letting them crash down onto the floor before he made his way down the stairs, I looked up at the house one last time, it really was beautiful.

We was in some kind of tunnel, leading us into the heart of the house, I traced my hands across the walls, the tunnel wasn't long, but it was giving off dungeon vibes. I looked around at the opening, there was large, cast iron doors, five of them, they had bars where a window should be, I looked through the first one we passed to see chains hanging from the ceiling, thick shackles, multiple of them.
"Nathaniel, what is this?" I asked, scared I already knew the answer. He walked back over to me looking through, a pained expression washed over him.
"This is where our father and the towns people used to bring creatures to torture them, vampires, wolfs, witches-" He took a deep breath before opening the door with one small push.
"But mainly disobedient children" My chest tightened as the air felt trapped, like I had forgotten how to breathe. He took a step inside looking around.
"I'm sorry" I whispered as I watched him, he turned back giving me a smirk before walking out leaving me standing there, the thought of him chained up being tortured made my heart sink and tears well up in my eyes. I hope his not doing this to Beckett.

I turned to see him at another door looking through before opening it, I slowly made my way towards him, scared of what I might see. A sigh of relief left me when I saw Beckett laying on what looked like a camping bed. A whistle came from Nathaniel making Beckett turn to look at, his eyes darkened, his face slowly turned as he moved to sit up. Nathaniel tutted at his behaviour, waggling his finger at his younger brother as if to tell him off.
"You attack he-" He said pointing at me "and I will kill you" He said sternly emphasising the 'will' with a small smirk, as he placed his hands in his pockets.