*ੈ✩ - The Worst Night In Pop

We've all seen the memes, and after watching the documentary they made on Netflix... I just had to write about it. AND NO HATE DIRECTED TOWARD THEM! I love them all but sometimes... even the greatest make mistakes.

*ੈ₊˚*ੈ₊˚ : Time skip (I may or may not have gotten lazy)

.
.
.
.

You sat comfortably in the chair offered by Lionel, positioned to give you a full view of the room

You sat comfortably in the chair offered by Lionel, positioned to give you a full view of the room. As your fingers tapped along with the music's rhythm, you listened silently as each musical legend sang their designated lyrics. Across the room, Michael lowered his shades and silently mouthed the words, 'I want this to be over' to you.

Your head nodded in agreement; it was late—damn near five in the morning—yet the recording session continued. Exhaustion had settled in on everyone in the room, causing forgetfulness of lines and understandable grumpiness among the group. With each new mistake, additional recording time was added, making it obvious that nobody would be leaving anytime soon.

Quincy's voice echoed throughout the studio as he spoke into the microphone, "Take ten, don't go to sleep. I want this done by seven." With that, everyone removed their headphones and began conversing, while Michael headed over to the cooler and grabbed a can of beer.

He walked over to you and parted your legs, standing in the empty space he had created for himself. "Remind me never to do something like this again" Michael muttered before pulling up the tab of the can and taking a long sip. He was beginning to second guess his decision, wanting nothing more but to be at home in bed.

"No, I say do it again but not at a time when we should all be sleeping"

"I know, but it seemed like the best plan. They were all in town because of the awards" he said, weariness evident in his words. Just as he was about to take another drink, Quincy called his name and motioned for him to come over. Michael quickly kissed you on the cheek before walking over to his friend.

Next to Quincy stood Steve Perry and Huey Lewis, who was clutching the sheet music book with a puzzled expression. They deliberated over how Huey should deliver his lines. "How do you want this sounding, Mike?" Quincy asked, passing the book to Michael and pointing to the lyric they needed help with.

"Maybe like 'And if you just believe, there's no way we can fall.' Like that" he sang softly and smoothly, just as he had envisioned it when he wrote the lyric with Lionel. However, when it was Huey's turn to sing, it was the polar opposite of Michael's rendition. His voice was raspy and loud, eliciting an unexpected reaction from Michael.

From your spot in the room, you saw his eyes widen slightly, then side-eyed Huey as he shifted next to Michael for a better view of the sheet. Quincy and Steve applauded him, laughing with pure joy after discovering a solution to their problem. Michael played along and returned the book to Huey before quickly making his way back to you with hurried steps.