*ੈ✩ - Paying No Mind

Mature era will always have my heart.

The video of him reading to his children is so chaotic, I love it.

.
.
.
.

Messy hair, barefaced, and in pajamas was how you liked to see Michael

Messy hair, barefaced, and in pajamas was how you liked to see Michael. You admired the sight in front of you as he sat on the couch with a stack of children's books neatly placed on the coffee table. The sound of small feet pattering against the wooden floor traveled towards the living room, and soon his children entered.

He got up to help the two little kids onto the couch, Prince's platinum blonde hair shining brightly under the sunlight pouring in, while Paris's brown hair shifted to a shade of orange. Before sitting between them, he skimmed through each book, then finally decided on the short story 'My Brother Sammy is Special'.

Michael noticed you watching, gave you a small wave and an air kiss, then got comfortable in his spot. "Could you turn that on for me, sweetie?" he asked, pointing towards the camcorder he had previously propped. You nodded and walked over to the camera.

"You guys ready?" you spoke in a somewhat high-pitched voice, hoping to catch the attention of Prince and Paris, who were fidgeting with their favorite toys of the week. Usually, they would be jumping all over you, clinging to you like Velcro, but once they began playing with their toys, they entered their own world.

When they didn't respond, Michael tapped both of them, instantly making them stop what they were doing. "Come on guys, Y/N asked you a question. Y'all know better" he said in a serious tone. Prince and Paris nodded in unison, putting their toys down and watching their father intently as he opened the book.

You pressed the power button and listened to the quick song the camcorder played as it turned on. Then, you gave a thumbs up as a signal to Michael that recording was in progress. "'My Brother Sammy is Special' Let's find out what's special about his brother—there's something special about his brother" Michael said to his toddlers as he flipped through the book and landed on a random part of the story.

Paris stared at the pages, analyzing the colorful artwork, while Prince returned his focus to his toy. "'Now Sammy sometimes gets a lift to his school in the car with us, and even though he still can't say my name, when I wave goodbye in a sad sort of way he waves back to me.'" While reading, Prince handed the toy to his daddy, hoping that he would play with him. Instead, Michael took it and placed it on the opposite side of him, directly in front of Paris and away from Prince.

"'And sometimes when we go to the park, I don't play with my friends. I just lie in the green grass with Sammy instead, and we watch the sunshine shimmering on the leaves of the trees. Then we both smile because it's beautiful in a shimmering sort of way'" as Michael read the story with his soft voice, you felt that it was soothing you more than it did the kids.

However, your attention soon shifted to the children as you noticed a subtle role reversal taking place. Now it was Prince who looked at the pages and listened to his father read. Paris, on the other hand, paid him no mind; she took the toy and began playing with it, mimicking the actions of her older brother. You couldn't help but smile at the scene unfolding in front of you.

Just when Michael was about to flip to the next page and resume reading, Paris interrupted him, giving Prince a little attitude as she randomly told him, 'Don't do that again, please.' Her outburst prompted her brother to respond with a confused 'What?', to which she repeated herself once more.

Michael slammed the book shut, it was now extremely obvious that they were done paying attention to their father. He placed it on top of the stack and got up to turn off the camera, standing still with his face in his hands and letting out an exasperated sigh. You glanced at the kids, who were now playing together, then back at their distressed dad.

He stood upright and rolled his eyes, mumbling words to himself, still trying to comprehend what had just occurred. "I don't know who they love more, me or those damn toys" he playfully complained as he watched his precious babies tussle over the entertaining object.

"You know they love you with all their heart, just not when those things are in the picture" you motioned towards the toy they were still fighting over. Prince eventually got hold of it and bonked his baby sister on the head, instantly causing wails and tears to come from her.

"Oh God— Prince! That's not nice! Not nice at all!" Michael wagged his finger at his son while scolding him. You quickly ran to Paris's aid, calming her down and checking the severity of the injury. After a few minutes had passed and Paris's tears were no more, Michael felt it was now the best time for Prince to apologize.

"You say sorry right now to your sister, there was no reason for you to do that to her"

Prince looked down at his lap and fidgeted with the fabric of his pants before speaking in that cute little voice no one could resist. "She took it from me..." was his excuse, his reasoning behind why he hit Paris upside the head. It took a lot to hold back your laughter, you never understood why kids argued over the smallest things.

"Please, just say sorry to her" Michael desperately pleaded.

"Sorry for hitting your big head" Prince said with sass.

"My head isn't big!" Paris replied as she patted her face, getting a feel of how big or small her head really was.

'It sure is' were Prince's final words before Paris pounced on him and threw soft punches at him, ones she thought would do damage to his being. Michael sighed again, tired of the nonsense that's been occurring this past hour. He crossed his arms and watched his kids fight for what seemed to be the twentieth time today. You, of course, finally gave up and burst out laughing. He quickly turned to face you and shook his head in disappointment.

"This ain't funny, they're spending the weekend with Rebbie. Hopefully they'll learn how to act right."

.
.
.
.

I just know them kids gave him trouble 💀