Ch. 13 "Don't be stubborn because you're mad"

Noah

After her scare, I’m starting to realize that she’s a lot more messed up than any of us knew. I’m afraid of trying to proceed with her and hurting her. Her and I have made out before but this felt really scary with her. 

She decided to sleep in today while Miles and I talked. 

“Why didn’t she tell me beforehand? I felt like absolute shit and I didn’t know” I tell Miles.

“I’m the only one who knew about it and again she’d never been with anyone. I didn’t know that something like that could set it off” he tells me.

I sigh.

“I don’t think I’m going to proceed with her” I tell Miles.

Parker

Those words broke my heart to hear.

“I don’t think she’s ready to open up to me about everything that’s happened to her and I don’t want to risk triggering her or setting her off. Miles, I really do like your niece but until she’s ready to open up to me so I know how to help her, I can’t do this. I’m sorry” Noah explains.

I felt like I was swallowing glass. I cover my mouth to muffle my sobs.

“I understand Noah. Just be honest with her though. I don’t want her to fall into a deep depression. I love her but when she falls into that, it’s almost impossible to get her out of. She’s been through a lot” Uncle M explains. 

I back away from the curtain as they continue to talk. 

How am I supposed to feel about this? 

Noah has seen a side of me that no one except for my uncle has seen. 

No One

While getting ready for their next show, Noah goes to check in on Parker. He hadn’t spoken to her about what he talked to Miles about. 

She sees the curtain sways. 

“Come in” she says.

Instead of seeing Miles, she’s met with Noah.

“Hey can we talk?” he asks.

She takes a deep breath as she lowers her mascara brush.

“I don’t want to talk to you right now” she says.

He furrows an eyebrow. 

“This is important Park” he says.

She slams the brush into the tube and turns to face him.

“For the last time, it’s Parker” she snaps.

That’s when he knew.

“You heard me, didn’t you?” he asks.

She scoffs.

“How could I not?” she asks.

He takes a deep breath.

“Parker, I’m sorry” he tells her.

“I’m sorry doesn’t cut it, Noah. I’ve told you things I’ve never told anyone else. You knew this was going to be difficult but yet you decided you wanted to be involved with me. Now you can’t be bothered because I come with a lot of baggage. New flash Noah, everyone has battles to fight” she snaps at him.

Nicholas comes to see her but stops, hearing them talking.

“That hurts Noah. Alot. But you don’t want to proceed with me, fine. We are strictly artists performing together” she tells him.