Ch.4 "Fuck You Noah"

Parker

Two months ago, I was introduced to Bad Omens, and I was signed to Sumerian Records.

I've gotten super close with Nicholas and Jolly. Noah does not like me and has made it extremely clear that he doesn't. But I get along with everyone else. My uncle still tells me to give him time that he'll come around, but I don't think he will.

Today We have a rest day. Uncle Miles invited them all over for a movie night. I'm excited to see Nicholas and Jolly who have become my newest best friends.

"Are you excited for the guys to come over?" Uncle Miles asks.

"Of course, except Noah still doesn't like me and I really don't know why" I tell him as he makes food for us.

I sit on the counter without my prosthetic.

"I'm not sure sweetie. He's been really moody recently. You guys start touring soon so I understand why he's been so stressed out" he explains.

His phone dings as does mine causing us both to check them.

Nicholas: Hey, pretty girl. We are on our way over now.

Me: Okay. Can't wait to see y'all. I miss my favorites.

I carefully hop off of the counter as Uncle Miles hands me my arm crutches.

"When do you think you'll be ready to let them see you without the leg?" he asks.

"Same time I'll be ready to let them see my scarring" I say.

He kisses my head and I head to my room.

Noah

Nicholas won't shut up about seeing Parker and it's kind of making me mad. She thinks I don't like her. The truth is, I really really like her but with Nicholas liking her as well, I can't really express how I feel for her. I don't even know if she likes him back and what will I do if she does.

We pull up to Miles' home and I see her in her window. The rest of the guys get out of the car, but I just watch her.

She's in a long sleeve and what looks like shorts. She then moves away from the window, and I finally get out of the car. I head inside behind the rest of the guys to see Miles in the kitchen.

"Welcome guys. Take a seat. Parker is upstairs getting dressed and I'm just getting finished with dinner" Miles says.

I take a seat on the love seat, Nicholas and Jolly take the main couch, and Nick takes the smaller couch.

"You boys excited for the tour in a few weeks?" Miles asks us.

"I think Noah is out of all of us. He's the one who's been making sure that we can drop our album before we leave for tour" Jolly tells him.

I scoff then hear a door close upstairs. I turn around and see Parker coming down the stairs.

Fuck she's so gorgeous. She's got her hair up in this low ponytail. She's in a black long sleeve and a pair of shorts. I can see the scars on her not injured leg. We can also see the whole prosthetic.

"Is everything okay?" she asks when she gets to the bottom of the stairs.

"We can see your prosthetic," Nicholas says.

Jolly smacks him upside the head.

"I thought since I'm getting much closer to you guys that you guys could see the whole thing" she expresses.

I smile slightly.

"You're okay with them seeing the scarring on your leg?" Miles asks as he brings food into the living room.

She nods as she comes over.

"I have nothing to hide," she says, sitting in front of the couch.

Jolly and Nicholas move over to make room for her. She smiles and sits in between them. Miles sits next to Nick on the other smaller couch.

"Do you think we'll ever get to see all of the scars?" I ask.

She looks at me confused.

"Um. Honestly. I don't know" she says, her cheeks now bright red.

Maybe she does feel something for me?

"I was actually just having that conversation with her" Miles says, going into the kitchen to grab plates.

"Uncle M, do you want some help?" she asks.

"If you and one of the boys could help grab some drinks for everyone" Miles says.

I shoot up.

"I'll help" I say.

I go over to her and reach my hand out. Nicholas gives me a dirty look, but she looks up at me, dazed.

"Need help up?" I ask.

She carefully takes my hand, and we walk to the kitchen. Miles exchanges a look with her as he heads to the living room with the plates and silverware.

"Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?" she asks, grabbing the cups.

"I'm not a mean person, Parker. I'm just really stressed out with our music and with tour coming up" I say, grabbing sodas from the fridge.

We meet at the counter so we can pour the drinks.

"You treat me like I don't exist when we are at the studio. You seem to get upset when Nicholas talks to me. You're always really mean to me, and I've tried nothing but being kind to you" she explains.

I go quiet. She looks back at the guys then back at me.

"Look, Parker, I don't hate you. But I don't like you either. You came into our studio like you knew what you were doing and you're just going on tour with us? You don't have any music out yet. You haven't officially debuted. And now you're just opening for us? I'm sorry but it's not fair for us or the label" I snap.

I really have to sell that I don't like her to keep from getting attached to her.

"Fuck you Noah" she snaps.

She takes the drinks and heads over to the living room. I look down at the counter.

I could've been nicer. I should've been nicer. Why did I just do that?

God, she probably really hates me now. But it's for her own good. For mine.

For us.