Chapter 5

💜✨

8th standard:

Prerna was getting bored at her house because she has nothing to do. She has already completed her homework and revised everything for the upcoming exams. She wanted to play with Kabeer but since they has entered the eighth standard his parents had become a little strict and many times they don't let Kabeer to come out of their house to play with Prerna and his other friends.

From sometime, his mother is also not behaving well with her without any reason and their mothers are not also talking. Prerna was confused by his mother's sudden change of behavior but she didn't know what to say to her. She decided to give it a try and went to Kabeer's house. She rang the doorbell and fortunately Kabeer came to open the door. As soon as she saw him a smile graced her lips.

"Are you coming to play with me?" she asked him leaning on the gate.

"No, I can't my mother had asked me to study." Kabeer denied with a sour mood.

"Oh, but didn't you do your revision already?" Prerna asked him confusingly.

"Yes, I did but she said to revise it again." Kabeer said turning Prerna's mood to turn sour too.

But then she remembered something. That some days ago there was Valentine's week. She grinned mischievously making Kabeer to confusingly look at her.

"What?" he asked her.

"Few days ago there was Valentine's week. Did anyone proposed you in your school?" she asked him crossing her fingers behind her back because deep inside she was praying that is answer should be negative.

"No. No-one and you?" Kabeer said a little shyly smiling at her and asked back.

"Nope." she said smiling widely because she was satisfied with his answer.

"When will you come to play with us? It's been a long time we played together." she said to him sadly pouting.

"I know but I can't do anything. We are in senior classes now and my mother pressurises me to study more and more and play less." he told her making Prerna to become more sad.

"But I'm also in same class as you but my parents don't ask me to study always." she told him to which Kabeer also nodded sadly because it's been a long time since he had played out with any of his friends. His mother has strictly told him to focus on his studies only not acknowledging that he is just fourteen yeas old.

"Yes, I know but I have to study now. Bye." Kabeer told her with not so good mood turning her face gloomy too.

She nodded at him slowly and went away from there. He also closed the gate of his house and went inside. Prerna didn't know what to do now because he was the only one whom she could play at time and she really wanted to play with him.

Kicking the stone at the road angrily she went inside her home and turned the T.V. on. She grumpily started watching T.V. meanwhile her mother came to that room too.

"Aree? What are you doing here? Didn't you go to play with Kabeer?" she asked making Prerna to feel more bad and she felt a little angry.

"We can't play because of his mother. She always asks him to study, study and study! We are just kids and she doesn't let us play." Prerna let out her frustration making her mother's eyes narrow at her.

"It's okay beta. He is her son and she wants best for his son and we can't do it anything." her mother said and went away from there leaving her sitting there alone grumpily. Prerna decided to forget it and focus on the T.V to lighten up her mood.