Chapter 3

🌼

"Beshaq tu apne chehre badal le...
Par mujhse na keh nazrein badal le...,
Uske gale lag kar uski khushboo le aaye...
Ab koi kaise hi yaar kapde badal le...?"

4th standard:

Prerna entered Kabeer's house and when she reached to living room she saw his mother is making his project. Their library teacher has assigned these projects to everyone and the first ranker will got a gift hamper. They had to make a Santa Claus with the help of the wool on the paper sheet. Prerna was doing hard work on her project day and night and here Kabeer was enjoying his favorite cartoon on the T.V. whilst his mother was making his project.

"Kabeer let's play." she said to him gaining his attention.

"Okay." he said as soon as he saw her. He turned the T.V. off and took her to his room. They started playing that quiz game again because they were not addicted to it.

"Let's play outside know we havs played enough this game." after sometime Prerna said to him.

"No I don't want to go outside." he turned her offer down.

"Why? Let's play with our friends na. They always feels left out because of us." Prerna resonated.

"I don't to play outside if you want you can go and play with them." this time Kabeer said rudely to her.

"If you will not come with me then I will never talk to you." Prerna said getting a little mad.

"I don't care you can go." Kabeer shrugged off and Prerna felt bad when he shrugged carelessly like nothing. She always considers his words first while he don't even listens to her.

"Are you sure about it?" Prerna asked hopefully one last time.

"Don't you get it in one time?" Kabeer said standing up from the chair and holding her wrist tightly. His nails dug in her wrists and blood started seeping out through it.

Prerna hissed loudly and tears welled up in her eyes not because he hurted her physically but mentally. She ran away from there. His mother called her but she didn't turn around and exited their house.

It's been many days since Prerna had talked to him and he also didn't take any initiative to talk to her. Today she was in school but he was not. Now their seats are also changed and now girls and boys sit separately. Prerna was sitting one of the girls she was not interested in talking to.

Their Library teacher entered inside the class and everyone greeted her. Their projects were submitted two weeks ago and today was the result day when he was absent. Prerna's fingers were crossed because she did so much hard work on that project alone. She didn't ask for anyone's help in it and she was proud of it.

"So student I'm here to announce the results of your projects. Everyone of you did hard work and it was difficult for me to choose the winners." she announced increasing the excitement in the students.

"So the student who got third rank is Nancy Rajput." she announced and a huge round of applause echoed in the classroom for her. She stood up and went to the teacher receiving her chocolate bar from her.

"The second position goes to Kritika Batra." she announced and again a huge round of applause echoed in the class. She stood up from her place and received her chocolate bar from the teacher.

Here Prerna was getting tensed by the previous two announcements. She also wanted to win but still there was a little hope in her heart that she can win because the students who got first position was not declared.