|5|•

R E E T
🎧: charka

I grab the glass and hurl it as hard as I can towards the mirror, shattering it and creating a sound that reverberates throughout the space. Everyone present in the room gasped.

[Everyone: Kiara, Siddharth, Yuvaan, akshit and amulya]

"Reet are you okay? What are you doing?" Sidharth said worried. Everyone present there looked at me with concern.

"Leave me alone please," I asked them. They looked at each other and then looked at me with worried faces.

"But ree-" Kiara was about to speak but was cut off by a voice outside the room. The owner of the voice was my dad.

"Do whatever you want, but be ready tomorrow by 6 they're coming to see you." I heard it and warm tears started falling from my eyes. My eyes appear bloodshot, a testament to the tears I had shed.

All my life, I've believed in the unconditional love of my parents, but their recent actions have shattered that belief. They've arranged my marriage without a second thought or considering my hopes, dreams, or career.

It feels like a betrayal of the deepest kind. How could they make such a monumental decision without even consulting me? Do they not see me as an individual with my desires and ambitions? The weight of their expectations crushes me, suffocating my sense of self. Anger, betrayal, sadness, and confusion swirl within me, mingling with tears that threaten to spill over.

It's a harsh awakening to the reality that I must now navigate-a journey fg with challenges as I strive to reclaim my autonomy and forge my path in life. Tears were continuously falling from my eyes.

Suddenly, I rose to my feet, swiftly brushing away my tears. I grabbed my tote bag, with important files and headed to the door.

"Where are you going?" Amulya, my cousin sister asked.

"My office," I replied without looking at her direction, wearing my shoes.

"But di, you took a day off from your office na, because of misthi Di's after party?" She asked as I could feel that everyone in the room was staring at me.

"Hnn, but ab chutti karne ka occasion nahi Raha hai." I said looking at her with my bloodshot red eyes and no expressions on my face.
("There is no occasion left to take a leave.")

She was stunned as I suddenly looked at her, I opened the door and left from there. Without even bothering who was present in the house.

At last, I can breathe freely. Every moment under that roof felt like suffocation as if I couldn't draw a single breath in the very home where I've spent nearly my entire life. It's a stark realization of how deeply parents can wound their children.

I approached my sophisticated black Mercedes 5 Series, its sleek lines exuding luxury and refinement. After smoothly driving through traffic, I arrived at my workplace, where I gave the keys to the valet for parking.

As I stepped inside, the attention of everyone present shifted towards me, their curiosity piqued by my unanticipated arrival during off time.

I stepped into the elevator and pressed on the 9th floor, As I arrived I wasted no time heading straight for the head cabin. However, before I could reach it, I caught snippets of a conversation between Mr. Manohar and someone else.

His tone seemed almost desperate as if he were pleading earnestly for something.

Moments later, the commanding voice of the head of the institute pierced through the air. Though not raised in volume, it carried an unmistakable edge of anger or insistence.