|2|•

V E E R
Year: 2023
🎧: As per your mood/playlist.

The sound of liquid pouring echoes in the empty room. I looked at it, lifted the cup, and took a sip of my black coffee. Turns my heels towards my office.

I sat on my chair and the door knocked. It's 6 am and no employees come at this time. Usually, the company Starts at 7:00 am. I usually come early to analyze the data and information. It's maybe Yash. "Come in," I answered.

Yash, my assistant and friend, came in my cabin with files in his hand.

"Good morning, Sir here's the file of the dealers." He said. I hummed in response.

"And let me remind you of today's match, veer." He added.

I looked up from files and looked at him. I forgot about today's match.

"I know you forgot about it But remember it now or else she will kill you for sure." He said.

"Yes thanks, Yash for the reminder" I said.

"So I told you to check out the dealers' background, have you?" I asked.

"Um-m yes." He said hesitately.

"Where it is?" I asked confused. Why he's hesitating?

"Are you sure you want it? I mean it's not necessary to check it we've more other important stuff to do, right? And let me show you something you'll be happy." He changed the subject but I ignored it.

"Ya show me what is it?" I said with no expression on my face as always. "Here." He said and placed a box. As I opened it. It was an old musical horse. Seeing this a smile formed on my face.

 Seeing this a smile formed on my face

"You found it!" I said being happy. "No, actually you found it," Yash exclaimed, I looked up.

"Me? How?" I asked.

"You remember you gave me the idea to find it in Amsterdam's underrated vintage shop. There we found it!." He said.

I opened my side drawer, took out a picture from it, and matched the musical horse with the musical horse in the picture.

"It's the same, So there we found it," I said.

I put the horse back into the box kept it safe with me and put the picture back into the drawer.

"But, why do you want this musical horse so bad, I mean we can have a good one with more than one horse. You know what I mean." Yash asked.

"Yes, we could get many more and maybe good ones but.." I took out a picture from my drawer and showed him, it was an old crumbled picture of a musical horse.

"This is the musical horse given by Grandpa to Grandma. She has many memories of him but this is special." I said.

"And why so?" He asked.