|3|•

R E E T
🎧: Chaand Baaliyan

"Chal bhi le maharani!" Kiara yelled at me since I was running late and she was so over me.
("Come on, Queen!")

"Haan aa rahi hun, bas doo minute!!" I responded by yelling back, so she could hear me.
("Yes, I'm coming just give me two minutes!")

I put a bindi on my face and took one last look in the mirror because I love how I look when I'm dressed in traditional.

We're heading to a temple for Misthi's Pooja before her marriage, therefore I'm dressed in a red kurta., low heel sandals, and open hair.

I grabbed my handbag; normally, I carry a wallet, but because I'm a Desi girl today, a handbag works better.

The jingle of my anklets echoed throughout my entire house as I hurried outside in my low heels.

"I'm here!" They turned to face me as I said it. I can see the frustration on their face as they wait for me.

"Thank god, that you came today only otherwise we were thinking you are coming tomorrow!" Misthi spoke, her words oozing with sarcasm.

"Okay okay, I understand you both are angry with me and I'm so sorry, can we go now we're getting late bro!" I said making puppy eyes. They can't resist my puppy eyes.

"Okay let's get going," Misthi said looking away. We hopped in the car and made our way to the temple.

"We decided that we're wearing saree right?" Kiara questioned me while looking at me with a side eye and raising one eyebrow.

"Umm.. you guys know na I don't know how to wear a saree," I said in a low tone and a small convincing smile on my face. They glared at me and hummed in response.

"Meri Pooja aur shadi Wale din bhi mereko hi wait karwa rhe ho!" Misthi said again in a sarcastic tone.
("You are making me wait even on my pooja and wedding day!"

"By the way you're looking beautiful jaan!" Kiara said in a flirty tone with a wink causing a smile on our faces.

"I know I am, haha!" I said while laughing. Misthi smiles and hugs us. We looked at each other with confusion plastered on our faces.

"Why are you showering so much love on us today? Anything special?" I asked, glancing at Misthi, and Kiara nodded, indicating that she was also curious.

"Pyaar raas nahi aata Hain na tum dono ko. Aaj meri shaadi hai or Mai phir chali jaungi gwalior toh bas isliye hug kar Rahi thi par koi nah chalega." Misthi said with a pout on her face and turned towards the window.
("Neither of you enjoys love. I was just hugging you because today is my wedding and I'm going to Gwalior once I get married")

"Aww, you love us! That's an achievement bruh!" Faking her cry Kiara said.

"Stop your drama already guys," I said as I saw traffic police stopping our car. We all looked there. Kiara slowed down the car and then stopped it.

As the traffic policeman approached, he gestured for us to lower the window of our car. As she lowers down our window.

"License?" The traffic man asked us in his typical tone. We nodded and Misthi showed him her license.

"Aur aapka Madam?" He looked at Kiara and asked her why she was driving the car. Misthi looked at him with confusion.
("And yours madam?")

"Ek ka nahin chalega kya?" Misthi asked the most stupid question ever. We glared at her.
("Will one not suffice?")

"No madam." He answered her and gave her a disbelieving look.

"Why not?" Misthi again asked him.

He frowned his brows and said "Madam kaha na nahi chalega aapko samajh nahi aata hai kya."
("Madam, it will not work, don't you understand?")