~Chapter 20 - How To Help?~

(Song above to listen to!)

(Words in the middle = inner monologue)

Another month had passed since the whole teasing ordeal. Although, teasing only increased the closer Y/N and Camilo got. They were inseparable, basically attached at the hip.

Chores continued as well. Chores, dinners, sleepovers, teasing, everything. While Y/N liked the flow of her new life, she couldn't help but feel no sense of progress. What was even her purpose of being here? Was it to befriend the people of Encanto? Was it to grow from a bad past? Was it just to feel happy?

Nothing made sense. She went to sleep at night, but laid there contemplating why she was there in the first place for hours. Long, dreaded hours. Same with the nights in which she had sleepovers. Her daily schedule was basically the same, except for chores changing between Mirabel and Camilo. Other than that, she felt no sense of excitement of something new and out of the ordinary.

She decided to take matters into her own hands. She wanted to actually help, not just be an accessory to helping. She wanted a purpose.

Currently, it was breakfast like normal with the Madrigals and Y/N. Y/N hesitated speaking to Alma at first. Alma was intimidating, even if she was just an annoying, yapping old lady. (I HAD TO I'M SORRY-)

Eventually, Y/N cleared her throat and spoke.

Y/N: "Senora Alma? Is there anything I can do to help out around the village?"

Camilo raised his head in interest as soon as he heard her words.

C: "..what? But she helps out with me and Mira.."

A: "Don't be silly, Y/N. You help out every day with doing your chores with Mirabel and Camilo."

Y/N: "I know that.. I mean, since everyone else has a special skill that they use to help out, I was wondering if I could do that too. With my own skill."

Everyone else raised their head in interest, but tried not to make it seem like they were directly listening.

A: "Well.. I suppose we could do something like that. We'll find you a 'special skill' after breakfast."

Y/N grinned with the news. She felt an excitement of purpose flooding her senses. This was it, she was finally gonna be able to have a true purpose around the village!

Breakfast shortly ended and Y/N was static with eagerness. 

She met with Alma and they discussed things Y/N could try out and why. They wrote them all down on a piece of paper.

1. Archery -Defense 

2. Tailoring/Sewing (Fashion) - Decoration

3. Quilting - Warmth/Decoration

4. Storytelling - Entertainment

5. Acting - Entertainment

6. Singing - Entertainment

7. First-Aid -  Medical help

8. Dancing - Entertainment

9. Painting - Decoration 

10. Organizing/Cleaning - Cluttered shops/houses

Once the list was established, Y/N wanted to immediately try them out to see what she was good at. Alma chose Camilo, Mirabel, and Dolores to help Y/N figure out her skills for the village. Alma sent her off and Dolores told the other two, obviously hearing the conversation.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey guys! So sorry for not posting for a year...😨😬

yea.. that's my lazy ass's fault

BUT ANYWAY! tell me if I should do a pt 2 with the rest of this chapter cus it seems kinda bland💀

I got tea tho🤩

MY CRUSH HAS BEEN TEXTING ME A LOT WITHOUT ME TEXTING FIRST

*insert excited screeching here*

Also I'm currently obsessed with walker scobell, so tell me if you guys want a story about him

I've had a story in my drafts FOREVER but idk what to write for it

I had to scroll on pinterest and find a prompt to go off of

INSPIRATION BE DRY ASF😭

anyway hopefully with my 3 days weekend I'll post more... HOPEFULLY

Love you, dear readers

-Writer Snowy<3

(600 words)